Patrol forum now an "attack site"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bvandermaat

Reaction score
So I went on over to the Patrol Forum to look for a Diesel Tuner I remember them mentioning and I get told by Google and Mozilla that it is an attack site...
I ignore the warnings thinking "It's a bloody Patrol forum" and sure enough Malware pop ups and all sorts of Sh!t.

Just thought I would give a word of warning. Hope those guys get it sorted out soon.

Interesting I wonder who hit them and whether there was a reason or if it was just script kiddies trying to be annoying.

The Google Diagnostics page says it is from India and Poland.
Of the 739 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 26 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-02-29, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-02-29.

Malicious software includes 22 trojan(s), 10 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 4 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 25 domain(s), including nastrerey.in/, kpain.osa.pl/, appfree.in/.

9 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including pictures-host.in/, discount12-promo.in/, directmarketingmanage.in/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID).

I personally think it might be site advertising gone wrong.

22 trojans and 10 exploits. Probably just stupid little things with almost no danger to them, there are alot of websites with such coding the owners don't even know about but Google I suppose is doing the right thing. Hopefully the site owners will fix it quickly.

Could also be as simple as spamming links to trojans etc like we get here from time to time.

Likely excuse from a known hacker, why don't you just admit they p'd you off when they said their Trol is better than your D22 and you decided to pay them back :ha:

Heheh sorry I was bored, :flowers: looking at power company prices and it's done my head in

Why would you hack the CIA, plenty have done it before you and all they get is a butt kicking. A mate of mine hit all 4 big banks in 3 days and was offered jobs with 2 of them, 1 even promised to make the charges go away if he complied. CIA hack is no where near the fun and by most reports from those who have a lot easier than banks depending on the area.

Here is an update. Looks like the number is rising. Poor buggers.

Of the 1363 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 37 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-03-06, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-03-06.

Malicious software includes 24 trojan(s), 10 scripting exploit(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 4 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 32 domain(s), including nastrerey.in/, kpain.osa.pl/, appfree.in/.

16 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including pictures-host.in/, discount12-promo.in/, directmarketingmanage.in/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID).

Maybe their admin is AWOL, I'd have thought they'd have been onto something like that quickly if the admin knew what was going on.

Yeah I would have expected it to be fixed by know. As I said earlier I think this is from site advertising. Just went there and I has gotten worse now. See what happens over the coming days. I wonder if the admin could just take the site down and edit the ads out of the code.

If it were me the landing page would be changed so users can't log on and an explanation as to why it's happening (within reason) I certainly wouldn't be leaving the site open and happily copping errors like that.

I guess it depends how those ads are coded and what the forum software is. If the problem is escalating admin either don't know, don't care or are letting the same things happen over and over. I guess they could be trying to track the origin of the problem but they could do all that without the site being open to users.

Agreed. The admin must be MIA or don't have much knowledge in site coding. I admit I know stuff all about web design and coding but at least creating a basic HTML site to explain what is happening would not be to hard.

The UK nav site got hit fairly hard by spammers about 18 months ago and it took their admin ages to figure out how to get rid of the issue. Part of their problem was that they were using free forum software and free often results in more attacks than a paid for solution but it seemed to take them forever to get anywhere close to a fix, and even the last time I looked at the site (about chrissie time) they were still suffering, although not as bad.

Although their biggest problem did seem to be that the mods were working overtime deleting posts while the site admin seemed to be struggling with the guts of the problem and the few bits of info that came out from admin really indicated they had little knowledge of anything more than HTML and a wiki site explaining what it stood for.

Yeah I saw the same thing following a link from another forum the other day. I can't believe it's been going this long, the admin of that site either have no idea what they are doing or don't care.

I don't care enough about Patrols to see just how malicious it is but if it was my site I certainly wouldn't have let it go on for this long.

You don't need to say much more, it's pretty obvious what is happening to the site, as to why it's taking so long there is still some mystery but lets face it if was a popular site there would be more uproar about it :big_smile:

Latest posts

Back