Patrol transfer case in D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter ST_R

Reaction score
Hi

I have read in the 4WD Action Custom mag that some D22 owners have installed a patrol transfer case which is news to me. Has anyone done it and what was involved? what are the Patrol ratios like compared to the D22? Is this a better option than resuction gears in a D22 case which would just overload the weak transfer case chain?

Cheers

load of crap and waste of time. i dont think 4wda do any real research. Dont know anyone who has fitted a patrol case and havent heard of anyone. If you want a stronger case just get a pre 03 d22 case or d21 case. Patrol and nav cases are both chain driven, have the same ratio, both can get 85% reductions and both can be run as dual transfers.

i agree with joshy, i just went through this also.
to make one fit you will need nearly a inch thick adapter plate and a spline shaft extension made up to get the right clock on the tcase to gearbox.

cheers mark.

From what I have seen in the Toyota action mag I wouldn't believe much that they write about.

The last Navara article I read stated that the D22 ZD30 is a 6 cylinder and is best bought with a automatic transmission. Auto locking hubs are standard to. Idiots.

Dave.

From what I have seen in the Toyota action mag I wouldn't believe much that they write about.

The last Navara article I read stated that the D22 ZD30 is a 6 cylinder and is best bought with a automatic transmission. Auto locking hubs are standard to. Idiots.

Dave.

Maybe it was a one off....

load of crap and waste of time. i dont think 4wda do any real research. Dont know anyone who has fitted a patrol case and havent heard of anyone. If you want a stronger case just get a pre 03 d22 case or d21 case. Patrol and nav cases are both chain driven, have the same ratio, both can get 85% reductions and both can be run as dual transfers.

Joshy

What is the difference with the pre 03 D22 and D21 transfer case. I thought they had the TX-10 aswell. Do these earlier stronger cases bolt straight in? Can they have Calmini reduction gears put in?

Cheers

nissan made the chain narrower, which makes it prone to stretching and snapping. Both run the tx10. guys in the states swap the newer ones out for the older models and run 40" tyres without a problem, i stuffed 2 chains on 31s and then on 35's. They bolt straight up and the reduction gears will go straight in. Rockhopper make gears for them too.

Back