Petrol D40 deleted from sales?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

Nice, really nice. Two thumbs up.

I have been a Ford Man all my life, but did not even look at the ranger? why, I dont know, I just forgot about it I suppose.

I like the wheels, look great, I like black rims, the make a white car look trick IHMO.

Man I am kicking myself for not even driving the ranger, oh well, too late now.

How do they stack up on features like traction control and airbags etc against the STX twin cab?

Cheers Chris, yer i do love it, sorry Navara guys, but this thing hoses Navaras down, lol

The black work on this car makes it, without all the black parts it was nothing, the dealer i used was great and did all the work for me, up to my very fussy standards too

It doesn't have traction control, thats a win for me, TC sucks a major one! Ive got all the air bags, the 2011 model got side airbags etc, so thats a win too, and compared to a STX, this thing has more grunt even without the chip, it might be just the auto, but i hated the STX auto when i drove it, thats why i wanted a petrol at that stage, cause the diesel was way to gutless

Hoses Navaras down? Your kidding right? (Is yours a petrol or something). The ranger has power low in the rev range but runs out of puff pretty quick. I looked at the ranger at length before deciding on a D40.

I take it you don't need the back seats to sit in. I thought the back seats/room was useless. Worse than my old D22.

Yours don't look bad though.

So you have a auto D40? and your happy with the power from the Diesel? I was happy with the car itself and then drove one and nearly died laughing

Im not to fussed with the back seat, only had to fit the kids seat and that all, shes coulnd care less about room, lol

No I got a manual. Never drove an auto in either. Wouldn't have thought there would be much difference. (Sounds like I'm wrong). Yeah I recon the Nav (manual) goes pretty good.

Sounds like you will have a few years before you need to worry about the tin lid complaining about the room.

There is the difference, the auto Nav's blow, its the box and not the engine, there so doggy in all areas

Yer shes only 2, so there are a few years before i have to worry, plus i have a Patrol and an Adventra, so im now too fussed about the space

There is the difference, the auto Nav's blow, its the box and not the engine, there so doggy in all areas

Yer shes only 2, so there are a few years before i have to worry, plus i have a Patrol and an Adventra, so im now too fussed about the space

Really??? I have an auto and find it quite good...and it certainly is much much better than either the Ranger/BT50 and Hilux in similar configuration. None of these modern diesels are V8 supercars and were never designed to be but I'm satisfied that the D40 has the space I need (especially in the cabin as I've fully built out the tub area) - and good power/torque combination. Would I like more....sure even would've like more when I have the V8 commodore...but hey it does the jobs and for a bit over a grand the chip with deliver me that additional grunt. And off road I find the auto a dream after my manual patrol.
That said, I do like the shape and form of the new Ranger.....still not sold on the black rims on other than a black (dark colour) car.....but may grow on me.

Looks good Matt.

Much else planned for it ?

I take it the Patrol will keep the offroad duties.

Latest posts

Back