petrol in diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davo49

Reaction score
I accidentially put petrol into my diesel tank on d40 2.5. have not started it so can someone tell me how to properly get all the petrol out and what to do please

thanks dave

if you didnt start it just drain the tank and refill with diesel, i filled a petrol full of diesel and drained the tank and all was good

Hello i am new to this i have juat got an electrical winch cta 12000 i have just got a nissan navara d40 07 plate can you please tell me what winch mount i will need thanks

how does this help get old mates petrol out of his diesel tank?
think you start a new post in d40 accessories with this one

Last edited:
Hahaha my father bought a new d40 a few years ago and left the delearship straight to the servo and filled it up with unleaded :/ anyway of he goes gets 70kms down the road it shits the bed and stops. pissed off he rang nissan doing his lollie then while waiting for the towtruck realised what he had done. felt like a tool to say the least especially seen hes a truck driver lol. anyway nissan kept it he flew home week later they drained it all filled with diesel and just hit the key never had a worry with it suprisingly.
So long story short drain the tank fill her up and you should be right. i dont know about cr diesels but i know quiet a few people with trucks and older diesels that will mix a little bit of fuel with there diesel every now and then as they reckon it cleans out the injectors and engine. im not suggesting do this but all the blokes i know who do non of them have had any engine or injector failures so meh never know it might work

Sorry to drag up an old thread but saves starting new one. My mate did this with his 08 2.5 just yesterday. He drove it and it coughed and splattered so he pulled over. It didn't stop on it own. Could he drain it and try pump the rest of the fuel out of the lines and try and crank it? He had a mechanic around wanted 5-6 grand to fix. Nissan dealer said they will do it for around 500$. Polly best to let them have a look. I guess. If anyone has any ideas please post. Cheers. Brownie.

just drain it, pump the rest through and drive it.
interestingly enough because it so much petrol the engine won't run which saves it from most of the damage.
running for a long time with small amounts of petrol in it will do more damage.

Latest posts

Back