Pinging Noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for a thorough go over, and to try to get rid of a few rattles under the bonnet.

I heard your machine at the Muster Woody, I reckon your bonnet must be a bit bigger than everyone else's (ie: more rattles than most) :big_smile:

But on another note, from what is being said, maybe this rattle is normal?

Mine doesn't have it.

I don't have a clutch either. Try that clutch tubing. Others on this forum have found this to be a source of noise and repositioning has solved it. My suggestion of using packing foam is just a short-cut to prevent vibration.

Don't have a clutch! Did it fall off?

Yep I'll look at the clutch tubing this weekend and see what I can come up with. Thanks very much.

Guys,

I have a MY11 D40 STX 9,000klm 2.5D - Just got it back from the dealer after they fixed a leaky air conditioner - At they same time they replaced some clutch pipes with modified parts (Warranty) - They said that they vibrated and sounded like pinging - I had no problem but they did it anyway

i have also had this problem with the yd25 engines. both in my d40 and my d22. both times nissan replaced the injectors under warrenty. common problem with them they say, but in saying that the d40 has only had them changed once and no more problems where as the d22 has had two sets already.

All good to know. Mine is in for 20,000 service next week and I mentioned the noise, so we'll see what happens.

Just back from the 20K service. It's confirmed. The pinging noise is/are the clutch hydraulic pipes. The dealer has ordered replacements, nice to get that sorted out.

Price for a D40 20,000 K service, approx. $230.00!!

Latest posts

Back