Pioneer flat tray.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atcmatt

Reaction score
Anyone using one of these? Any pics of it on your navara? At 105mm from top of the deck to top of the roof I think it will maybe look a bit out of place? Like a pergola roof!! Haha. Why does nobody make low profile racks, with aesthetics in mind! I can get a whole setup brand new for 850 but for the life of me can't decide to take the plunge! Really sucks when you buy something that expensive and hate it on your ute!! I plan to keep it on all the time so I can carry long lengths of timber etc (will have to raise my tray 60mm though) pain that the tray builder made the headboard and roll bar so short! How noisy are these racks? Cheers for any insight or tips.

Thanks

Matt.

If you get the bolt on rhino racks, the feet for the pioneer rack are rather short?
Or is that what your looking at?

Yeah that is the one im looking at. Not sure why they make the legs so high. 30mm clearance on the roof would be fine.

I have a pioneer tray on top of the nav with short legs and have been really happy with it. Roof to tray is about 75mm. I wouldn't want the gap any smaller for when I'm tying things down. I chose that height specifically and it is lower than my high top canopy. I'll take a pic for u on my phone and if u can tell me how to put it up here without uploading to another website first then I will do it!

Last edited:
Hi joffo that would be great. Is it 75mm from top of roof to top of tray? Or underside of tray? You can text me a couple pics of you want/if it's easier, that would be awesome. 0411. 789. 346.

Matt

Bit the bullet and got the tray. Wasn't happy with the legs that come with the kit, tray sat 130mm above the roof. Looked horrible, like an extra roof. Ended up swapping the legs for the low profile ones, they don't fit as well as they don't have swivel mounts but work good enough and the tray now sits about 70mm above the roof. Much better and very happy with how it turned out. Now just gotta hope my roof doesn't leak! Thanks for ya help fellas.

Matt

Latest posts

Back