Pioneer reverse cam issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate

Reaction score
Hi

Ive installed my pioneer avh x3500dab head unit today with reverse cam i have wired the HU reverse signal input to the reverse lights and the camera power to ACC, earth to the HU earth, the problem is when i choose to view the cam in AV mode no worries it works ok, but when i put it in reverse it obviously gets the signal and goes to the warning message about image being reversed but the screen is black and i get no image, i have tried changing the polarity through the settings on the HU but when i change it to ground i get the black screen when its not in reverse and when in reverse it goes away which isnt right.
Im going to call pioneer tomorrow but i was hoping someone here might have had this issue before?
The other issue is when i do recieve the image in AV mode its upside down and theres no option to change it, whats going on there? its a pioneer RCAM2 camera.

Thanks

Does the head unit have 2 inputs, i was looking at installing one in a mates car a few weeks ago and it had 2 lots of AV inputs so you could use 2 devices. If so try changing inputs alternatively im off work currently may be able to give you a hand? what part of perth are you in im SOR.

Well that's one of two problems solved thanks saitek, now I just can't work out why it's upside down .....

Btw saitek I'm in high wycombe but I'm flat out tomorrow and will be out of town for two weeks after that., I'm not sure whether they have given me the wrong cam as pioneer states that it needs a camera that has an inverted image, and at the store there was either rcam1 or rcam2 ill ask at jb hifi see if they know what's going on.

Yeah the way it came out the factory was wrong had to take screws off the mount and switch it around all good now.

Should be rcam2.... we have it as a promo at the moment (autobarn) get the avhx3500dab and rcam2 as a combo..

Latest posts

Back