Plasti-dipping grill

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do Harry , got the sports bar back too , it satin black , wheels come back next week , so she will be black n white , no shades of grey lol

going to do my grill, mirrors and have already done my sprts bar. its starting to look good.

Have previously had my 24's, side steps, sports bar and rear step all blasted and powder coated gloss black to match the body. Plasti-dipped the chrome on the mirrors and the grill. Definitely separate the mesh from the chrome part of the grill and remove the badge from it too. Much cleaner job without the worry of the plasti-dip peeling from the mesh of the grill.

I painted my spare grill, the factory grey beasty, in same paint as the rest of the truck and used tail light tint to black out the nissan Burger.
2 years on the burger has some stone chips but everything else is good as new
Not worth a pic as it all just looks black

Have previously had my 24's, side steps, sports bar and rear step all blasted and powder coated gloss black to match the body. Plasti-dipped the chrome on the mirrors and the grill. Definitely separate the mesh from the chrome part of the grill and remove the badge from it too. Much cleaner job without the worry of the plasti-dip peeling from the mesh of the grill.
I agree shaunus88,
I thought it would be okay when i did my grille and just plasti dipped the chrome and the mesh centre etc and on the first drive it must have got air in between the join and has blistered in a few spots.. Must get too fixing it up one day haha Good thing its totally removable

How did you get your mirrors off?? iv got a few cans ready for this job on the weekend.

How did you get your mirrors off?? iv got a few cans ready for this job on the weekend.

For how easy it is to mask up with tape it didn't warrant removing the mirrors. From what I could work out everything inside the mirror felt attached to the chrome piece (outside trim). Ill take some pics of everything this arvo and upload if you like.

Must remember where there is a join between two surfaces run a Stanley blade in between. Will prevent the plasti dip from lifting in those areas.

If you also get a little overspray or touch it this stuff is so easy to correct :)

Few snaps showing certain parts that have been either powder coated or plasti dipped. Nav is currently 100% black haha

Attachments

• IMG_1792.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_1576[1].jpg
    IMG_1576[1].jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_1626[1].jpg
    IMG_1626[1].jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 375
I pulled the rear bar from mine (easy) and unclipped all the plastic steps and plate lights etc.... A much nicer finished is achieved over masking up in my opinion.

When doing my mirrors, grille, side steps etc it was all disassembled prior to plasti-dip, and the finish is still as good nearly a year on except a small area where my GF puts her heel on the side step, and she missed the step pad.

Hhhmmm liking the look of these, I feel a weekend project coming.
On a side not love the number plate TYT ASS I chuckled so hard I spat my beer abit when I actually noticed them

Back