PlastiDip vs Vinyl wrap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcloughlin2

Reaction score
Recently purchased a White Navara D40 Stx and previous owners has already put black rims and started blacking out all the shiny bits. I still have the front nudge bar, side mirrors and rear step/bumper to go. I can get a mate to vinyl wrap these parts for $300-350 or I can plasti dip myself for ~$100.

The nudge bar is being replaced with a bulbar within the next two months.

Thoughts?

Vinyl wrap lasts a long time and takes knocks (stones etc.) better than plasti dip does. I've got vinyl wrap in front of the rear wheel arches where stone chips were becoming obvious, still looks the goods 4 years later. Depends on long term plans.
I sprayed D40 "Titanium" mirrors body colour and have had plastidip on rear badges for 4 years or so also so really it all works, just depends.

Last edited:
My plasti dip is going brittle and flaking off... Yes it's redoable but Vynal wouldn't have needed anything

Both options temporary at best and if you like the look then thats up to you. Personally i dont like either as they stick out like dogs balls and look cheap and nasty to me. But thats just my opinion and I'm a miserable old C'unt so don't let that dissuade you.

I personally think each to their own!!!!

What suits someone's personal taste,Might not be to other peoples TASTE...

But I believe it is their own personal choice!!!

I actually like the plastic dip!!!!

If your planning to keep them black my opinion is paint them yourself with proper Paints. Have done all mine with rattle cans and havnt had no dramas at all.

Sports bar (chrome) roughen up with some scotch brite take all the shine off, then etch primer followed by your choice of paint. Similar with plastic just different primer.

My wheels when I had originals on my navara and even my wrx no primer needed just wet and dry paper take gloss off and used the engine/calliper paint found they both held up very well and can always touch it up if needed.

Just my opinion if it helps.

Plasti-Dip does not do well in a friction area. So dont use anywhere like side steps or rear step.
Vinyl does much better in these areas.

I would not bother with the front bar if it is going to be replaced.

Latest posts

Back