Play in the steering

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4runna

Reaction score
My D22 is an '06 model with 78thou on the clock and i have a small amount of play in the steering wheel. In the past with my last 4x4 it developed some play as well but the was after 360 + on the clock.
With that one I just adjusted the screw on the steering box and that fixed the problem.

Is this going to be the same with my Navara, is this a common problem?
It's a bit early for normal wear and tear I think.

Any help would be appreciated.

do you do much offroad work? check tie rod ends, rack bushes and bolts and uni's on steering column to start with

My '06 ST-R just ticked over 81,000klms, I bought it with 35,000klms and it already had the said play in the steering. I've never had the chance or coin to investigate it as yet, i'll get there one day.

If you do find the cause, please do share.

like i said check the drag link, or on these things they are called a centre rod! an aftermarket replacement should only be around $120.

bryan

Onlock, It's pretty sad but i have owned it for about 6mths now and I haven't had a chance to take it off road yet!
I am slowing adding accessories to it but with house renos and the rest haven't found the time.
I might check the drag link first off.

cheers Tony.

Back