Please help D22 ZD30 broken down

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumnut

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was driving up the bush near my place today on a reasonably well maintained fire trail.
Driving along a flat section of road the engine stopped, instrument cluster went out and the car won't start again.
The engine turns over but won't fire, no lights on the instrument cluster come on and the power windows dont operate.
On further investigation I found that the trailer socket has been torn off and the wires shorted together.
None of the blade fuses look broken, the larger fuses in the fuse boxes look ok and all earths appear to be intact.
I'm wondering if there is a fusible link somewhere that could have been broken when the trailer wiring was shorted??? Or if someone has another idea as to what has could be the problem.
I am heading back out to the car first thing tomorrow with a multimeter and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

you worried me for a second there,sounded very simillar to mine when i snapped a timeing chain.anyway yours sounds deffently electrical so that good news.
try reseting the ECU,i cant remember exactly but i think you have the car turned off take the neg of the battery ,pump the brake pedal a few times then put the neg lead back on the battery and try to start it.maybe the short shut the ECU down.just make sure its deffently no fuses aswell

Yeah mate, I was just reading your post.
I think mine is definately electrical though, my motor only has 40,000kms on it, dont wanna put another one in lol
I just dont know where all the fusible links are.

I'd be looking at ecu fuses too, if the motor turns over the main fuse should be OK otherwise the starter generally wouldn't get any power. I'm not sure which fuse is for the cluster but it may be connected to another circuit that has wiring in the trailer plug...

I'm not sure if any of that helps, lol

i think there are two locations for the fuses one in the cab and the other in the engine bay just behind battery on drivers side however a main fuse shouldnt have blown if the lighting for the trailer shorted double check the major earths on the body and engine from the battery as well as the positive leads as they could have come loose and caused the no power situation some other checks try the headlamps and parker circuit and the your cigarette/aux plug for power to see if there is anything at all.

Headlights still work, motor turns over. I havent lost all power, but I spoke to a guy who is an auto elec and he straight away asked if i had pulled the trailer plug off as it is a common thing to damage trailer wiring and loose a main circuit.
Thanks for your help though, I cant wait to get back to it in the morning

Yeah mate, I was just reading your post.
I think mine is definately electrical though, my motor only has 40,000kms on it, dont wanna put another one in lol
I just dont know where all the fusible links are.

yea i was hopeing mine was but not so lucky lol,bloody thing only had 30k on it.at least you have piece of mind knowing its elec,just gotta find it haha.Yea i hate electrics in cars,i spent hours checking all my electrics when mine karked it.
trust a bloody dealer to wire a trailer plug to the vitals,problly not the best idea ay

All sorted guys, thanks for your input.
Turned out to be a faulty Turbo Timer.
Turbo timer must control the relay that powers the windows and instrument cluster, as soon as we unplugged it everything was fine.

Latest posts

Back