please help nissan have no idea

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maz800

Reaction score
Hi guys im in a bit of trouble with my nav its a 09 auto thai built and I did the head long story but I got it all fixed brand new head but the nav is in limp from the dpf needing a burn so while I got the head done I also got a 3 inch exhaust and deleted the dpf now nissan have had the ute for weeks and they say they cant get it out of limp mode cos there computer can read mine for some strange reason they have tryed everything so they say anyway my question is I have done the ecu reset and the code its telling me is 2 long flashes then 10 short then 2 long 10 short can u guys tell me what the code is
Thanks guys

This isn't going to be easy. To start with, the flash codes don't correspond with a Nissan flash output. With the Nissan, the first digit displays for 0.6 seconds, followed by a 0.6 second pause, then the remaining 3 digits display for 0.3 seconds with a 0.3 second off cycle. There must be 4 digits (always). The easiest way to get the codes is with a bluetooth OBD adapter and a smartphone - if you let us know what rough area you're in, one of the members here who has one might offer to whack one in your car to read the code.

I have the same car as you, although mine's not a Thai build - yours must be an RX or a king cab. I didn't think the Thai models got DPFs, you obviously have removed yours so check the VIN in the lower passenger corner of the windscreen, if it starts with VSK it's Spanish like mine, otherwise it will start with MNT (Thai).

Anyway, you somehow need to get the ECU to conduct a burn, and when it's finished, write to auggie (a user here) and ask them what their DPF solution costs. It's a sensor replacement that prevents the ECU from doing what yours has done. It might work if you replace the sensors and do another reset.

Hi thanks for the reply yeah its a rx thai built I pritty sure repco and super cheap have the readers for your phone now so ill buy 1 tomorrow and get a better code readout also the nissan people say they tryed to do a manual burn but there computer wouldn't talk to mine to do it has any else ever had that

I've never heard of it not working. A burn is a burn: the CONSULT-II device lets the operator choose the regeneration mode and it instructs the ECU to do it, end of story. 4 hours plus an oil change later and you have your car back.

That doesn't mean that the "technicians" aren't capable of being completely incompetent. This has happened before - clueless apprentices left to work on your vehicle and they can't see the symptoms listed in the manual so they give up. It's not unheard of at all.

Nissan dealer mechanics are required by Nissan to follow a recipe, a precise set of diagnostic instructions to find the faults in your vehicle. Because you have altered your vehicle in this fashion, the diagnostics won't work - and if they don't have the nouse to think laterally, they're left with surrender as the only option.

You don't NEED the code. The code's good, but it often only points to a general (and somtimes quite vague) direction where the problem might be. Of course, it's sometimes quite accurate too, but not always. Electrical gremlins for instance can cause all sorts of trouble!

Let's try talking symptoms. Do you see LOTS of white smoke, is your car hard to start, does the car smell like burnt plastic/rubber? Does it rev normally (like it used to) up to 2000rpm (and only show problems over 2000rpm)?

If you can give us some real symptoms, it could possibly help more than getting the code. It is possible that it's just wanting a regen, and you could encourage one yourself if you had a DPF - the sensor replacement might see the end of that particular problem, but let's see if the symptoms line up with an engine desperate to regenerate before jumping at any conclusions.

Get your Nissan Dealer to connect the Consult II gear and Reset the DPF as a "New Installed Unit".. That way the Regen does not NEED to take place, and with the Delete Pipe and Sensors installed it will never see a "restriction" to warrant a burn.

hi guys thanks for all the help i ended up washing the old dpf out backwards with the hose to clean all the carbon deposits as a very nice bloke at mazda said they do to bt50s when there to clogged to do a regen then installed the old setup on the ute took it for a 20klm drive and bam fixed its self

hi guys thanks for all the help i ended up washing the old dpf out backwards with the hose to clean all the carbon deposits as a very nice bloke at mazda said they do to bt50s when there to clogged to do a regen then installed the old setup on the ute took it for a 20klm drive and bam fixed its self

Wonder who figured out that simple fix? Nissan charge some stupid amount to do a forced regen.

Latest posts

Back