Possible warning signs before buying?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee367

Reaction score
Hey Every one. I have just joined the site as i am about to purchase an 08 ST-X D40 and found this site which answered a heap of questions.
I noticed there are so many negative comments out there about the Navara with clutch problems and so on. Im just hoping this one isnt one of the lemons that seemed to be released.
Im looking at it again tomorrow as its a private sale is there any warning signs i need to look out for?
Thanks

Welcome to the forums.

Bad news travels faster than good and the beauty of the net is that no one has to back up their bad stories. Yes there has been clutch issues in D40's but like brakes not every owner has had the issue, if you are towing heavy loads it is suggested that you go for an auto, but that is true of all modern DC utes not just Nav's.

As an 08 check that it's had recalls for the bonnet and the rims, there should be stickers on the car and in the service book to say the recalls have been done and you can check both this site (search "recalls" in the D40 section) and the government recalls website for the exact details.

Otherwise unless you are an A1 mechanic take the thing to someone who does vehicle checks and get them to check brakes and mechanicals, it will probably cost you a fee and if the current owner doesn't like it too bad, but it could be the best money you spend.

^If the current owner doesn't like you taking it fir a check then I suggest you run a mile.

As for this model (I have D22 btw), look at how many are on the road - there will be the odd shit one, but they don't get that popular is they're all shit!

Latest posts

Back