Powdercoating rims?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would be keen to know this also, plenty of people online saying they got rims done $20-50 per pop but i've yet to find anyone with those prices.

Theres a mob on Container St Tingalpa/Murrarie. Was gonna go see them mainly cause they are the closest to me. But have decided not to worry about rims yet.

I' was having a look on trusty google last night. And found a place that advertised for $799 set of 4.
And that was taken of car, tyres removed, powder coated, refitted &balanced and drive away.

Most places here in Melbourne are around $ 120.00 - 150.00 per wheel , mine were 120 pw , the process is quite labor intensive to have them done properly , they have to be acid stripped , then bead blasted , then powder coated

I had my rims done here in Melbourne , charged me $ 500 for the 4 . They look great though . Well worth the money

I love Plastidip, its great stuff, but i did my side mirrors in it, looks great but after 12 months it has a few chips. Wheels would chip even quicker.

Get them properly painted or coated, it will look mint and last longer.

I have blacked out my rims on few cars. I use a wet and dry sandpaper about p400. Just enough to get clear coat off. Then use the vht high temp engine or calliper paint.

Love the stuff, have never had any issues at all. Have done my chrome bar with it also although with appropriate etch primer, front grill with again appropriate primer and no chipping or any problems at all.

Got mine done for $80 a pop on the Sunshine Coast

My local tyre shop sent em off to someone for me $80 a rim they look mint check my garage for pics. Probably not worth the hassle to come up here and get em done but I got quoted from $80-$100 when I called a few powdercoaters up here.

Had mine done at Kevs powdercoating in Hastings in Vic for $50 per wheel - tyres were already off the rims

Attachments

• IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 83
Back