power window

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the drivers switch on mine is definitely a two stage switch and it can be felt by operating it with light pressure, the first stage operates the window and stops when you remove your finger and the second stage allows you to take your finger off the button and the windows fully opens or closes and it's only the drivers window that does it.

All my previous Nissan's have had single operation switches and the auto up feature, this is the only one that's been different so it could be something to do with the auto function, I can surmise a few reasons but none are really definitive. Mines the 09 where it appears the auto function was switched off in some but not all models.

I actually went and played with the switch last night and definately cant feel any difference in the switch motion
It must be something between the models.
I didnt realise some didnt get it.
Maybe its only ST-X ,,,,
I was comparing my truck with another and there are so many small changes. Even the Tub is different

It appears from chatter on here and people I've spoken to there was quite a few cars of different makes and models that were imported between late 08 and mid-late 09 that missed out on the auto feature because of an ADR ruling stating all auto windows need to return under certain pressure. (related to a corners report with a kid strangling himself in the drivers window) Why some came through and passed the ADR and other didn't is beyond me but manufacturers were forced to remove the auto feature until they could modify their systems to comply.

My only theory is that in late 08 and early 09 new car sales dropped dramatically and many manufacturers were still selling 08 plates in April/May with only a small number actually coming over on the boat and this lead to less with the feature turned off and by mid 09 when they started selling again they'd worked out how to comply with the ADR.

Some dealers may also have been switched on enough to do the mod during pre delivery too and people who have never disconnected their battery may not realise their windows are factory made without the feature.

It appears from chatter on here and people I've spoken to there was quite a few cars of different makes and models that were imported between late 08 and mid-late 09 that missed out on the auto feature because of an ADR ruling stating all auto windows need to return under certain pressure. (related to a corners report with a kid strangling himself in the drivers window) Why some came through and passed the ADR and other didn't is beyond me but manufacturers were forced to remove the auto feature until they could modify their systems to comply.

My only theory is that in late 08 and early 09 new car sales dropped dramatically and many manufacturers were still selling 08 plates in April/May with only a small number actually coming over on the boat and this lead to less with the feature turned off and by mid 09 when they started selling again they'd worked out how to comply with the ADR.

Some dealers may also have been switched on enough to do the mod during pre delivery too and people who have never disconnected their battery may not realise their windows are factory made without the feature.

Hey Krafty you're very informative. I've read many threads hereabouts and you provide good info so thanks mate.

I recently disconnected the battery and was stumped as to why the window feature disappeared. Anyway thanks to this thread all fixed.
However I have another issue. The child lock feature doesn't work.
Is this battery/memory related or an actual fault? Anyone else have this issue?

I presume since we are still on windows you mean the switch that stops any window from being opened from the respective door and not the child lock on the back doors which is a manual switch that stops the interior door handle from opening the door.

I'd have to have a look at the manual (it's not on this computer) to see how it's wired but I'd suggest without thinking about it too much that the problem with the lock not working is either a faulty switch, faulty cabling or something as silly as it not being connected to begin with. I don't think it would be battery or memory related given that I don't believe (well I've never heard of) and ute or car with that feature turned off.

I'll have a look in the manual tomorrow but I suspect it won't tell me a great deal other than showing me the switch connects to the BCM.

Page 18 of GW.PDF describes the operation of the rear power windows. The small switch actually isolates the ground from the motors in the rear door, allowing the motors to still receive the positive power. If the motors were somehow connected to the body of the door, it's easy to see how they might still work despite that switch.

The switch only isolates the rear windows. Both front windows retain their function.

As for the child safety lock in the door preventing the door handles from being used in the rear - there's no mention of it in my manual. Either child locks aren't something considered in Europe, Europeans don't have children, or someone tore out a page from my electronic manual and used correction fluid on my screen so I couldn't see the entry in the index. I'm gonna go with that last one, because while it does set up some small scale Mulder-style conspiracy theories, it also contains the greatest humour value.

Saves me looking up my manual.

The child locks on the doors aren't even in the parts cattledog so it's understandable they aren't in the manual. They aren't electronic and they don't interfere with any of the electrics so they probably figure there is no real need to put them in. And if they don't put them in the manual people wont use them therefore they wont break and they don't need to list them as spare parts. Nissan are forward thinking.

Those child locks aren't even in the mechanical door lock section of the manual though, that's why I am surprised about it.

Unless I'm going blind, which is a distinct possibility.

Maybe since all these manuals are produced o/s and the child locks aren't law in all countries the manual writers didn't know they were fitted. I find it strange they aren't in the parts cattledog because every other bloody thing is listed down to the screws in some cases but I guess it's just one of things that gets forgotten.

"Europeans don't have children" ...hahahaa I liked that one better.

Anyway yeah I realized that it actually only locks the rear windows.
Oh well, I was a bit pissed at it since the child lock combined with a ripper fart makes for a fun passenger torture!

The trick is not letting on you've farted until it's too late, once it's stung their noses opening a window really doesn't do much for them because they are already gagging.

hahaha let off the one cheek squeeze!

Hey on the windows subject...I discovered something strange and weird the other day.
While driving between 60 - 70 (sweet spot somewhere in there) if you open only the back two windows (Dual Cab D40) to about 1/4 - 1/3 the way down the sound created by the wind swirls is ridiculously loud...and even nauseating!

It's a looping hum that attacks the ears like a combo of high altitude pressure and a powerful subwoofer.

It might be just my Nav but it's very strange!

There is a sweet spot (or not so sweet spot) in most cars where you can match the speed and the wind will thump through the heads of the passengers and in different seats the effect is different, it's nothing to be overly worried about it's just the way air flow works.

I've never driven with the back windows down that far but I usually crack them an inch or so when I'm driving along with the A/C on, sure there is rear vents that let the cabin air out but a window gap does it more efficiently some times.

Latest posts

Back