Powerlines again

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
couple of scratches on the plastic fenders. no dings in the metal. my tyres are right out to the fender edges so it tends to save panels a bit of damage that way. i thought i had more videos. i'll try find a failed attempt of a really big hole with a steep climb out.

roundy i'm pretty sure thats the spot. there are some big climbs the rock ledge and a chicken track that goes out really wide.

hey bushy,

next to that rock step area on the right side was another track ay? cept there were 2 big rocks at the top and was kind of tight and rutty?

if so i'm surprised you did the suspension.

i had one of the guys get my 2wd nav half way up (mine in the photo) and then ended up pulling it through with matty's ute since it was too deep and rocky.

theres a chicken track? basically if you went straight from the track it got to a real hard deep rutted rock section and then you could go to the right and there was eventually a chicken track going up the hill on a leftish direction and you had to turn right into this big flat rock area and then go right up into a small area near a big tall rock which led to the rock steps and the other rough looking chicken track.

nice truck otherwise! and it hurt to see the wheel in that pic looking all odd.

Last edited:
hey bushy i think thats were i was trying to get up but didnt make it and dented a few panels as for that muddy rutt i did the same thing mate scratched up my plastic fenders a bit

woah up there maddog i think its the bit your talking about then it makes me all confused. hahaha i think your mad with the 2wd but i love it. it made me sad with the wheels like that. it was my last spare adjuster and i had the missus as her usual stressful self, her 15 year old brother who bores easily and my 11 year old sister who is scared of her own shadow all moaning at me for breaking the car in the middle of nowhere. if i had a spare i'm pretty profficient at changing them now so it would of been a 20min fix. the downside to bigger tyres.
i'd done the ledge heaps of times without incident and i can't work out why it did it then.

i can't wait to get out with you blokes and have some fun.

matty the suspension is the same as yours but with heavy duty ironman leafs and torsion bars. it gets worked alot so they have sagged and become spongy, plus the shocks were on the softest setting.

lol, its a bit hard to explain since its the middle of no where and theres a lot of the same looking bush so sorry if your 'confuzzled', lol.

i was pretty happy how well the car did for a 2wd only, but its obvious where 4wd just allows for so much more, and yes i am a bit mad :p

hopefully the next out'ing is soon! perhaps we could have a midday BBQ on the track somewhere and a few drinks now that its getting a bunch hotter haha

hey fellas, snowy and I are hitting the lines on sunday late morning. not sure of plans as yet but if you're keen we might cya there :)

Hey mate,

When you firm up what time and where ur meeting let us know,

Not sure whats happening on the weekend but am keen to get out again.

Anyone blow out their airfilter and radiator after last trip upto the powerlines? F Me i've never seen so much dust, and that thin coating of dried brown muddy water in the air box and up through my snorkel, will have to double check it's water tight now too...

The old girl should like that little tidy up!

there was stuff all on mine?

i had some water marks sitting inside the intake chamber on the bottom (the big round filter section/cover), but none on the filter itself luckily.

maybe you got a lot more dust from all the doughies which chucked the dust up into the air? who knows!

Hey lads!

Me n Sharpey n a few other mates are heading to powerlines this Saturday. Leaving SoR about 9am. Should be up there bout 945 if anyone is keen!!

hey fellas im still around just been a bit busy of late with the new bub and all how is everyone ive been given the nod on a 4x4 trip on sunday the 6th Dec will have to be a bit later in the morning or early afternoon if possible hopefully yous can all make i need to get out there again

i'm up for anything, but i'll need to bung a lift with someone from SOR as i dont really want to do anything to the car as its now for sale and semi on offer.

lol, i'll supply a snatch strap and a drink XD

I should be able to make it... cept our work chrissy party is on the sat & last year it was EPIC!

hey fellas im still around just been a bit busy of late with the new bub and all how is everyone ive been given the nod on a 4x4 trip on sunday the 6th Dec will have to be a bit later in the morning or early afternoon if possible hopefully yous can all make i need to get out there again

is this still going ahead?

Anyone heading to the Powerlines this sat 9th Jan 2010 to start the year off? Im heading there wid a few others if anyone keen!

Latest posts

Back