PRG UCA Passed by Engineer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It still has to get the final check from the engineer and then he will do the docco. I will take it there after it gets aligned. I drop it off to Beaurepairs on Monday Night and get it back tuesday night simply cos thats easiest for me.
Then I will take it to the engineers
Once thats all sorted I will put the put the rubber boots on the Heim Joints and the inner plasctic guards back in

The gear is from PRG in LA. I had them ship the parts to Cheetah Imports in Indy who brought the gear back to Melbourne in a container. They then arranged freight from Melbourne to Canberra. All up I paid about $100 in freight for the front struts and rear shocks.
The UCA and lift blocks I pretty much brought home from Nth America as hand luggage.I only had to pay shipping I think it was like $50 Canadian to ship from LA to Calgary.
The best bet is to try to either ring Greg at PRG or to send him an email.
Just be aware Greg and Jenn his wife runs PRG pretty much by themselves so they are really busy. it sometimes may take a few days for them to respond. Just hang in there its well worth it as PRG is the only adjutable UCA on the market.
There are a few sets floating round the country . I know Extreme Off Road in Brisvegas had a set of the GenI UCA a while ago .
I have been buying this gear from Greg over the last couple of years so prices may have increased for shipping since then.

Alignment now done
Distance from ground to eyebrow of the front guard 920mm up from 865mm
Rear guard height is 940mm
Front camber is now 0.2 degrees positive but so close to what I wanted it will do me .

Spoke with the Engineer this afternoon and he is very happy with the set up. Just have to put some seals on the Heim joints and Uniball and he will sign off on it. I have ordered the seals from Speedway Motors Australia and they should be here in a few weeks from the US.
Will be all done and dusted soon.
When I was talking to the guys at Speedway Motors they were telling me about these you beaut heim joints they use on Sprint cars. Kevlar something something something makes them virtually bullet proof.Once I get some coin again I will be ordering a set of those and replace the units in the arms.the joints currently used are the top of the line from FK bearings but apparently these other units are even better.

Hey Aussie (or are you Canadian - based on your Frontier profile) gr8 write up but can you post some before pics please - just for comparison. :thank_you2:

Bosshog

Long story short
My natural mother was in Canada till she passed away earlier this year and I still have family in Canada. Mum was an Aussie and unfortunately i am born and bred in Canberra.
I dont have any pics yet of the truck in the same place but this will give you an idea
before:
Navara006.jpg

only a few weeks old
NavaraMods063.jpg

As it stands now
NavaraUCA002.jpg

I like the way your Nav sits flat now!!! None of that classical IFS sitting lower than the rear. I picked from your Frontier posts that you had a Canadian connection - A great country of which I have spent some time there given my ties to pig farming.

I didnt even know anyone from this forum even read ClubFrontier lol
I love Calgary and its surroundings. Canada is sure a nice place thats for sure.
have made some great friends on Frontier as well .Got to meet Greg from PRG and Glenn from Radflo. Really nice guys who know what customer care is all about

The engineer that I have been working with to get my PRG UCA legally registered on my truck wants seals or boots installed on the Heim Joints and Uniballs.
I used generic boots from a steering rack that had the right dimensions to seal off the Uniballs and seals from Seals-it to seal up the Heim Joints

NavaraUCA009.jpg

NavaraUCA014.jpg

NavaraUCA011.jpg

Hey, new to the forum.
Am interested in some aftermarket UCA for my 2009 ST thai built navara. Just wonding if anyone knows if there are any that fit this model'

cheers

The UCA I used is from a Frontier. I am not sure if the UCA from the ST-X is the same as the UCA from the ST. I dare say we will just have to try measuring things. As far as am aware all the suspension arms like Chaos, PRG ,Calmini etc are all US built.

Why do you need to swap out your UCA
I needed to be able to adjust camber hence my install.Plus the fact I am using coilovers from the same company and everything is rebuildable.

Basically i need to fix some camber issues. Currently using a spacer up front(40mm). All adjustments are at full camber and very much into the positive.

And also really just trying to find what parts I can use on this model, since it is so much different to the spain built navaras.

I rang a guy in perth who imports Total Chas UCAs and he said ""as far as i know they fit both models"". So not sure what to think.

Aussie, could you measure up your OE UCAs for me, so I can compare, thanks

Latest posts

Back