Problem with chip it chip. Poor modulation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawry

Reaction score
Hey guys

This chip always did this when installed. The chip only actives around 50% throttle depth, so no modulation its like a light. Switch. rang chipit a while ago and asked for a resolution, I had it installed directly to the ecu and they said try the tps which had no difference. So has anyone else had this problem. I'm going to try and reset the tps and idle for 10 min.
Any other ideas, does your chip do the same. Could I have a slightly stuffed tps.. How do I tell

Cheers

you could try getting one of those sprint boosters, it will trick it into thinking 10% throttle is more like 60% throttle.

Well despite what chipit and steinbauer + other brands say about using the throttle or ecu input as an actual load source, they are actually using it as an on/switch just as you describe.

Pretty much all the aftermarket chips ive driven behave about the same as you describe, non linear snappy kind of power delivery..
It makes the car feel faster when you have a lul in power then a sudden rush of power straight after it.

Try a better brand of chip possibly? Chipit do offer a money back gaurentee dont they?

Well despite what chipit and steinbauer + other brands say about using the throttle or ecu input as an actual load source, they are actually using it as an on/switch just as you describe.

Pretty much all the aftermarket chips ive driven behave about the same as you describe, non linear snappy kind of power delivery..
It makes the car feel faster when you have a lul in power then a sudden rush of power straight after it.

Try a better brand of chip possibly? Chipit do offer a money back gaurentee dont they?

hmmm thats interesting, can this be done on a mechanical injection diesel aka progressively open the spill valve for longer or is this impossible hence the on/off motion.

does anyone have a chip that doesn't do this and provides a smooth liner modulation in power, it just makes the system increasingly hard to tune as its either to much poke and therefore high EGT or not enough

do you know of any places that could possibly retune chips such as "chip it's"?

cheers

Sorry, I cant help with the retuning questions.

But as for the mechanical pump side of it. Yes, by making the compensator pin spring pretension tight you can get a similar kind of false acceleration rush.

But a spill valve is only used in an electronic non common rail pump, which is different again.

Latest posts

Back