Proud owner of a New D22..........

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I picked up my 2013 Navara (Nov 2012 Built) yesterday. The extras I had fitted - a winch, bullbar, snorkel, tinting and central locking.

Used to drive a Jk 4 door Wrangler lifted with 33"s. A machine offroad, although I needed a more economical vehicle with a tray.

I've done about 200kms so far and find it great to drive, will get a lift kit through zordo to improve the ride and give me some clearance.

Only issue I have is the stock stereo, when listening to the radio it sounds like it has bad reception. I whacked a cd into it and seems slightly clearer.

Anyone else with the bluetooth head unit find the stereo is a heap of shit or have I got an issue with mine?

If its just a terrible system I will upgrade it, if there is an issue I may ask the dealer to look into it.

cheers

I would say its your sterea mate as mine is a 2012 aswell and the sound is good threw all 4 speakers.

I would say its your sterea mate as mine is a 2012 aswell and the sound is good threw all 4 speakers.

I have a d22 they only come with 2 speakers in the front the earlier d22 models came with rear mounting options but no speakers, my 2012 doesnt have any mounting options for the rear doors.

Thanks for the feedback guys, sounds like its just a crappy system. I have always had aftermarket speakers fitted on my previous vehicles. This is my first new car :) and I love it.

I really do appreciate the "basic" features of the d22 though, I dont want heaps of unneccesary features. More crap to go wrong and any feature you need just chuck it in aftermarket, normally half the price and twice the quality.

So I anticipated I may need to replace the stereo, just wasnt sure of the quality or I had an isolated issue. Looks like i'll be upgrading the head unit to a single DINN (room for uhf) and the speakers aswell.

thanks again

I just replaced the standard unit in my 2012 d22. The sound is much better plus I added my sub behind the back seat, even with the standard speakers the sound is so much better. The kenwood unit I got does have a lot of adjustment though which helped to get the better sound.

Also the Bluetooth on the new unit shits all over the standard. External mic is way clearer. Definitely just upgrade for the few hundred it costs.

-tyler

thanks tyler looks like I will be heading that way. Will probably run just a head unit and two front speakers no amp at this stage.

Thanks for the info

replacing speakers makes a good difference... you can put a set in the rear doors too, the only thing needed is a saw :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back