PSI in Mickey thompson atz's?????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAV2795

Reaction score
hey all,
Couldnt find any info so thought id ask, how much psi do you put in your mickey thompson atz's for onroad and offroad use? I have a set of 265/75/16's and the tyre says to put 80 psi in each when cold. Sounds very high to me, i just had them fitted and they had 40 psi in them. From what ive read most guys have put 40 in, so is 80 psi just way to high? Cheers and thanks in advance

if you read the 80 off the tyre....

thats the maximum pressure they can withstand

i run my at 40 and they still last a long time

i know ofa few guys with muddies and run them at 50-60 psi

80PSI!!!!!! wow that is way to high!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the chance of a puncture would increase at that pressure by 500%,

you will wear the centre of the tyre out in about 5min flat,

the ride would be so harsh it would put your back out!! lol

Most guys run around the 36psi mark, personally i have found i get the best wear out of mine with 36psi in the front and 34 in the rear unloaded.
the ride is good the grip is good and the wear is good.
Those pressure i ran with all my tyres, but just so you know i ran them with my ATZ 4 rib and got well over 100,000km out of them

Off road, just on dirt roads where you will still be doing 80kph or more i would drop to 26 - 30psi

off road where you will be in LOW 4 i start at around 22psi

Soft sand i start at 20 but will go down to 14 if needed.

So many tyre services put in 40psi which is still to high and in the ute you will get uneven wear.
especially if you have nothing in the back.

Last edited:
I run my 285 atz's at 40psi, all depends on how much weight you have in your car, after I've been on the sand and pumped back up I have tried a few different pressures and 40 is the best for the highway but as I said some depends how much weight to whats the best for you.

Me too, 40 on road works well but im pretty heavy. I run 16 on the front in sand but stay at 20 in the rear because of the weight.

Latest posts

Back