Pulley tensioner bearing gone?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnskip

Reaction score
The other morning on the way to work my zd30 nav started making a loud ticking noise from the left hand side of the engine bay. Thought straight away the turbo poo'd in my engine but it didn't lose power and the engine was fine.

It gets loud with more throttle action and if I clutch in to brake it decrease in the ticking noise. Still drives fine so I reckon a bearing is gone somewhere along the belt pulleys. Maybe the tensioner?

Anyone had the same thing happen or even know what it could be? cheers

Had the same thing happen to me about year ago.took it to mechanic found a bolt had fallen out.cant remember where .might pay to have a look around engine bay.Somewhere under the engine

Last edited:
could be tensioner or the clutch on the alternator.
mine was ticking and it was the alternator clutch. not a cheap repair. but it turns out the alt bearings where shot as well so well worth the repair.

Well after a few hours looking around we think it could be a exhaust gasket. Getting a proper look at in a week, but we reckon its the gasket.

Latest posts

Back