Purchase navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatesy79

Reaction score
Hi guys my name is Paul from townsville qld Australia.not sure how many Aussies on here or if you all are but here goes.

Am thinking of purchasing a 2005 nissan navara Str 3.0d etc tray back ute and am after some info. Hopefully pick up car next week and there asking 10g for it
Ute has been 2 elderly owners with only 140000km on the clock full service history with 5000 km services all original minimal 4wd work. Is that a good price for this car? It will be my first 4wd ute that I have owned have always driven late model hilux etc for work but 10g is my budget. If I purchase it I have read plenty of stuff about these egr mods are they worth doing straight away? Just after any info about modding these cars to enhance their 4wd capability as I have started to do heaps camping 4wding et with the family and want a ute primarily to chuck me quad on . Have a 2012 patrol wagon that has been awesome to date so am keen on the navara and think overall it's not a bad price?! Greatly appreciated thanks again Paul

Hey Paul welcome aboard. Plenty of Aussies here with a few international members. You will get no end of suggestions on how to spend your hard earned.

Thanks for your reply have been searching through some old threads on here and there is really good info. Pretty much sold on the navara and look forward to getting it up to speed I think it's a decent buy for the price
Thanks for the welcome

The erg mod is a good easy start. Stops all the crap exhaust recirc through the motor. I only did 1 side but after some chat on here it is better to block off both sides. Just gotta get around to doing the other side of mine.

Thanks guys I'll def look into that pretty quickly thinkin of adding some steelys and was wondering what if any tyre sizes I could go up into (wider) etc or is a
Lift required to get some decent rubber under em?

Welcome to the forum.

EGR mod is an easy one to do, costs nothing, may not have a noticeable effect until you pull the intake manifold to clean it.

Navara and Patrol are different vehicles off-road. Patrols pull Navaras out of bogs, Navaras pull Hiluxes out of bogs, Hiluxes are found on the beach after falling off a cliff (I saw that on TV it must be true). The Navara will have slightly poorer ramp-over but if you're carrying fuel or manure, the smell inside the Navara will be significantly better than in the Patrol. It's all a matter of balance.

Suspension lifts are okay but without some structural changes you won't be able to put a 48" lift in the Navara like you can in a Patrol (some look like they're that high!).

Bigger tyres have the usual price and the little ZD30 isn't known for its massive power output but it will still get you there. It's at least nowhere near as grenade-like as the 3.0L Patrol!

Enjoy the ride!

I like this guy already! ^
Yeah the gu has a 2" efs lift in it since new
Going to shop around for some cow shit next week ! Lmao
Ill keep reading and watching shit on fleabay
Cheers

I say its the best car ever made, guess what I drive?! Anyway mate, Mines close to 300000ks of mostly towing at it max rating. I dont have the egr mod but I do have a catch can, I have not spent anything on motor repairs, Its still driving like new!

Off road they will never rock climb like a patrol but with better tyres they will pull you along almost every track if you take the right lines,( at a fraction of the price of its big brother).

Tyre size.... Going to 265/75/16 seems to be the standard upgrade, anything bigger requires susp/body lift.

The best part about the d22 your looking at is it has a really strong driveline, good lsd,gearbox and a tough as nails chassis. The worst part is the underbody protection,or lack of. Nothing major but expect to spend some cash on proper bash plates. Anyway, enjoy then new ride mate, heaps of info on here......

Last edited:
Back