Putting WD40 on tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus 1 to Old Tony and others that suggest the cheap set of wheels n tyres.
Surely the event organisers can source a set for you for use at the event.

Hey aussie. Noticed you car in the summernats 2012 vid of the guy who got banned in the gemini (nuckingfuts). Whats the story there mate? So many different stories.

As for you tire problem i would be worried about wet weather once ypu apply a slipping agent or lube to your tires.

Rusty

NuckinFuts... He was told he could not run after he heavily damaged his car in a qualifier burn-out.. BUT He was already in the staging lane when they decided to tell him.. (in the vid posted below, you can see the rear drivers side caved in, and held on with tape etc)

Well this did not go over so well - and after a few choice words, he decided to drive through the wall of security guards and lay a big skid..

When he "finished", security where all over him and dragged him from the area.. He was then put before the Summernats Commitee who gave him a life ban... OR so everyone thought..

A few quick and well worded apologies Etc Etc and said ban was lifted, and now he's back in his new rig - KillerBee

Here's the video of why he got banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPPzJZaCX_E

Last edited:
Personally I would have banned him from the event for life for putting the track crew in danger for a second time .That set a very bad precedent .If one of the crew had been hurt we would have shut everything down as safety is the main thing .Anytime any of the crew gets hurt Worksafe steps in .
By the way you see my roll in around the 4 minute mark lol
While everyone was focused on him we had the car onto the back of the truck and taken away and no-one really noticed at all.
Thats actually my crew in the blue overalls you can see in the background after he stops.The taller of the 2 girls is actually my daughter,and now my son works for me too.

Last edited:
He wouldn't see the inside of a race track anywhere in the country again if it were up to me. Lucky for him its not.

Good lookin paint job there aussie :p

I remember walking up the burnout pad back around summernats 2. You got taller the further you walked. I went from summernats 1 to about 6. What's it like these days, it use to be a out of control event back then. They ended up banning the super cruise from northbourne ave after a heap of spectators tried to roll over a tourist coach full of Jap tourists. All you could see was a thousand camera flashes going of from inside the coach. It was funny at the time but almost lost the nats from Canberra for good. Time flys

Yeah it had to change. You no longer walk on a sea of empty tinnies at 9am on day 1.Still got the bogon factor but slowly getting better.
The cars now just have more horsepower so it gets more and more dangerous every year.The rules are evolving to keep things safe but its still the crews vs the likes of Nuckingfuts.It has to change or it will vanish

Surely someone had a bottle of water to throw down the intake. Ct full of water would of set him straight. Maybe one of the water fire extinguishers straight at the blower

There must be a way to produce a cannon that can fire fist-sized globs of Selleys Liquid Nails at the air intake.

I reckon the silicon spray will make your tyres too slippery, until they start picking up the rubber of course.

I'd hate to see what it looks like under your guards.

Worst case scenario a fire bottle through the drivers window seems to have a positive effect lol

I will only be putting the spray on when am in the dirt so only the areas between the treads will be coated and thats where am trying to stop the crap .
I actually spray the inner guards with WD40 to stop rubber sticking lol.Its mainly where I actually roll over the rubber so its compressed onto the tyres.
I do have to check regularly to make sure I dont get belts or bands on the ABS lines . Been there done that and was so lucky to find it just before it did any real damage

Back