qd32 fuel/injector pump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gekko

Reaction score
ive been told one way to give the old slug a bit more oompf to 'turn up' the screw on the injector or fuel pump. to give it more fuel. just to turn it till get black smoke then back it off a little. i am just wondering what/where this screw is, do you turn it in or out. i'd imagine this would have to be 'turned up' when turboing the bus aswel. pictures would be great.
TIA

Ahhh great. That is what I thought it was I just wanted to make sure. You are a legend! Great write up. I will be saving that as a turbo is on the cards in the future too.

Yeah no problem, feel free to give a yell if you have any questions, I sure did!

EDIT : Also i had some problems as there was a cover over the adjustment screw that was bloody hard to get off, I destroyed it in the process so keep in mind that you may have to break something to get to that point, It doesn't seem to affect anything though so it shouldnt cause any problems.

Last edited:
cheers for that write up, will be usefull.

i recently got a unlicensed qd d22, it idles really low, noticed the idle adjustment ha-sent been used at all...i was thinking of just winding in the fuel pump till she idles around 750ish, as it seems happy there (my mates qd idles at 900)

id have to admit when doing my td27, i was in the same boat
couldn't work out how to get good access, i ended up removing the intake manfold to find out it easier to do it how you did (loosen nut with long extensions from way back, then screw her in)

Yeh the cap sorta looks like its heat shrunk onto the screw. That's y I wasn't sure if that was it or not. Now I know that is it ill go for it. I'd say its just to keep dust/mud ect off it.

Any particular reason why? I'd suggest you should get onto it :)

Haha. Driving a Terrano at the moment that's already turbo'd, but I still have a QD32 motor to put in it, it's a one day thing, money, time, etc, the usual excuses.

Latest posts

Back