qd32 major engine issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cole

Reaction score
hi guys hope everyone is doing well, recently didnt drive my nav for a month and when i fired it up for the first time it started easy idled fine then without warning it started making quite a loud ticking noise, immediatly i shut it down and am starting to wonder what it could be, oil level was fine no water in oil, is a 2000 d22 with a qd32 at 280k done last major service 20,000 kms ago, does any one with knowlege on these have any suggestions, without pulling the head off the motor would anyone know without looking at it exaclty weathere these motors had isues with lifters, bending pushrods or valves.....has anyone pulled the head of there qd32 at home, ive got all the tools hoists etc, is it just take of maifolds intakes fuel drop out the radiator and it should come off, any help would be greatly appreciated, or does anyone have a long qd32 motor ?

Cheers guys cole..

Don't know anything about QD32s but could just be a lifter didn't pump up and a pushrod fell out. Take the rocker cover off and see whats going on.

Thanks rumpig yeah pulled the rocker cover off and had a check pulled out glow plugs and checked the tips were still on them will resort the pulling the head off it 2nite thanks for the info

Latest posts

Back