QD32 turbo EGT's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseT

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've recently turbo'd my QD32 running TD27 gear and 2 1/2" exhaust
EGT probe is located in the old EGR port of the exhaust manifold
Just wanted to ask what sort of temp everyone is running
I've got my alarm set for 500 degrees ATM but it seems to want to sit
On about 515-520 up big climbs, I wasnt sure if those temps were getting a bit high, it's got 315k on the motor so want to keep it pretty low stress
Just deciding whether to increase the alarm to 550 or wind the fuel down a little

Thanks

Hi
I have the same setup.

I couldn't find any temp data for QD so i went for the td42 data. Most people suggest no more than 720 deg pre turbo and 520 deg after turbo.

when tuning i went about 1 and a half turns in and the car was pretty responsive. But it was using way to much diesel...the egts never really went over 600.

it sitting about 2/3rds advanced ATM and will do similar, it does not often go over 500 when climbing long steep hills.
when cruising 100 on the freeway it will usually sit close to 350

how much did you play with the fuel?
I left mine as is after turboing and it was a real slug....but the temps were similar to what it does now.

just make sure your egt probe is in the middle of the gas flow. with some egr ports you need a really long sensor. if its short it can read cold.

Probe is in the middle of the port, pre turbo
Haven't played with it at all, initially wound it in 2/3 and was running about 250 around town
Left it there to see how it went on the freeway which was 250-350
So being pre turbo it's probably safe to leave it where it is and turn the alarm up to 550?
Wouldn't want to put too much more fuel into it if it's going to effect economy, goes great as it is

550 ex manifold is cold. you could take yours to around 700 depending on exact location of probe. you can wind the fuel up a lot more if you want :)

Looks like I'll be turning the fuel up in my nav now that it's turbo'd, it's better with the turbo but can still see it's a bit slow without turning the fuel up, might try half a turn and see how she goes.

Absolute max temp I see is 510 up some massive hills on the freeway and they don't last all that long so I'm looking forward to some extra power :)

Back