QD32 Turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archroach

Reaction score
Hi all! A question that's probably been asked a few times, but huh, I'm gonna ask it again anyway!

I've had a quote from Hi-Tech Diesel Injection in Adelaide to Turbo my QD32 donk, and its around the $5k mark.

For that you get supplied & fitted, a Denco Oil cooled Turbo, manifold, matched 2.5" exhaust, adjusted injector pump settings, EGT gauge & turbo timer installed, plus dyno test readings.

Of course the Engine is assessed first for condition etc, but do you reckon this is reasonable, and/or is there a better way to go in Adelaide?

Gday mate.

The Denco kit online is $3200 which includes a 2.5 exhaust.
The DTS kit is $3100.
There is also an AXT kit for $3500 on this site.

So fitted I would say $5000 is not to bad. I would be looking around though.
I have been fitting a Turbo to my QD32 and I would say the cost is around $2000ish so far.
Just about finished as well. No where as neat and quick as a Drive in though.

...Good advice, but there seem to be very few options for a comprehensive conversion, in Adelaide.

And because my ride is in really good nick with lots of good stuff, I really want a competent job done... with some assurances on the work.

I love my old series 1, and plan to stick with her for some time. What Turbo are you fitting, are you fitting an inter-cooler, and what sort of power/torque do you hope to achieve?

Looking forward to more QD32 input!! ;-)

Rog

Gday Rog,

Yeah i love my series 1 as well. Would not trade it. Its in great condition as well.

I can see where you are coming from and $5000 does sound like a good price for everything they are offering. sure would come with piece of mind as well.

I am confident in my abilities which is why I have installed mine myself. I had a Garret T25 made to suit the QD32. I will be fitting a Inter-cooler but that will be down the track in a month or so. The turbo is set to round 10psi. I am trying to achieve around 100kw at the wheels.

...Good stuff! Sounds like you have a great Truck mate, and you're better off sticking with it, I reckon! And, I really don't want to buy into too much computer controlled hi-tech gear for my power. The series one's aren't show ponies, but they're built well and have that guts H233 Rear LSD. I've had an Auto Locker fitted to the front R180, and so don't need to spend too much on articulation now!

OME suspension, snorkel, hi flo air filter & exhaust with headers and diesel/gas system completes the deal, and she goes very well to be honest... but I need more for towing a camper trailer around.

I'd be curious to find out what she's putting out now, before turbo, and equally curious to see how the diesel/gas works with turbo... especially with power & temps etc. The Denco turbo is oil cooled, but from what I've read so far, most diesels really don't need a water cooled turbo, and with the lpg, the temps will be more controllable anyway! I'll be sure to keep you updated with my findings!

Cheers,

Rog

Latest posts

Back