QLD Storm aftermath

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

her.d22

Reaction score
Hi all,

Seen tonnes of pictures lately of the damage that was caused by the recent QLD storms. Thought I'd make a thread for the Queenslanders to share their 'aftermath' pictures.

Cheers

Hi all,

Seen tonnes of pictures lately of the damage that was caused by the recent QLD storms. Thought I'd make a thread for the Queenslanders to share their 'aftermath' pictures.

Cheers

None to show. I was lucky and left 15 minutes earlier than the other guys I worked with that day. But, their cars/Utes ect. Got all banged up big time...smashed windscreens, big dings.... Like kicked in biscuit tins.... Poor bastards. Not to mention that guy on the road bike that some cabby had parked his car on.

None to show. I was lucky and left 15 minutes earlier than the other guys I worked with that day. But, their cars/Utes ect. Got all banged up big time...smashed windscreens, big dings.... Like kicked in biscuit tins.... Poor bastards. Not to mention that guy on the road bike that some cabby had parked his car on.
You were one of the lucky ones! There was a guy on the d22 facebook page that only got his Nav and had every panel bashed up while we was stuck in traffic. Is the poor bike rider ok?

You were one of the lucky ones! There was a guy on the d22 facebook page that only got his Nav and had every panel bashed up while we was stuck in traffic. Is the poor bike rider ok?

I can't tell you. All I can say is that the taxi was on top. His head and shoulders where showing, about 5 guys in hi-vis surrounded him supporting his head. I never heard anything on the news.. Except about a cricketer that died... People die on the roads daily. Unless your famous no one gives a rats I spose. Unless the news people can't find a more interesting story.

I can't tell you. All I can say is that the taxi was on top. His head and shoulders where showing, about 5 guys in hi-vis surrounded him supporting his head. I never heard anything on the news.. Except about a cricketer that died... People die on the roads daily. Unless your famous no one gives a rats I spose. Unless the news people can't find a more interesting story.
That's terrible :( Poor bloke. Riding is so dangerous and a lot of the time accidents are quite avoidable but you still have to have your wits about you because you have to watch out for everyone else. I witnessed a guy get hit by a car when I was out riding, something I will never forget.

there were a few ppl that got knocked out. some woman went and grabbed a guy who was knocked out and dragged him into her car. noone helped her, so hats off to her. my missus got stuck in it and was trying to hide under a small tree. not much shelter. came home with a few bruises and cuts. i was away with work when it hit bringing a train back from maryborough. couldnt get past narangba cause the rail network basically was shut down. when i eventually got back to work, well guess who left the passenger side window down. car was full of leaves and water. cant complain after some of the damage some ppl had on their cars

there were a few ppl that got knocked out. some woman went and grabbed a guy who was knocked out and dragged him into her car. noone helped her, so hats off to her. my missus got stuck in it and was trying to hide under a small tree. not much shelter. came home with a few bruises and cuts. i was away with work when it hit bringing a train back from maryborough. couldnt get past narangba cause the rail network basically was shut down. when i eventually got back to work, well guess who left the passenger side window down. car was full of leaves and water. cant complain after some of the damage some ppl had on their cars
Good on her!! Crazy storms you guys have up there. My parents have a rental property up there. I was born in Queensland but grew up in NSW. I'd love to move there but the crazy storms put me off a bit and the fact most my family are here and of course my job. We have been looking at buying some land there though and sitting on it for a bit.

wheres the rental property. i dont mind a good storm but when that big hail starts it gets a bit worrying

It's in Southport, they had one in Nerang as well but sold it. I love a good storm...just as long as I'm not caught in it and the car is under cover haha. We used to go to QLD every year when I was younger and one year we got stuck in a bad hail storm in Coomera. We were lucky there was an overhead bridge and stopped under that.

I lived in surfers for a few years and worked at the mustang crusers factory.i remember the sky use to go green and the place would clear out!! Funny times there.saw a few good storms but nothing like that one

I always thought greenish tinge to the clouds meant hail. Something to do with the way light is diffracted through ice.
I'll take your word for it, Tony ;)
I remember cain toads chowing down on dog food too...unsure...could well contain ground toad
Bloody ugly things those!!
Yep green skys always ment hail.its quite pretty untill you get whacked with a ice brick
This is true haha :)

Pity it wasn't like that for the G20. The Chinese developers would of been scared back on there little choppers in a flash.......

Latest posts

Back