Queens Birthday weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep.me too.

My work colleague is keen - Navara driver. Not a member of this site - but that could be easily fixed. He will be working in Wangaratta on the Friday but should be able to get away after lunch if needed.

Can we at least fix a leaving time & date? Any suits me.

Friday and Saturday night sounds great to me.
You able to get there on a Friday night Aido?

Friday probably not at this stage. Will confirm closer to the day.
Sat Definitely though and I can be out that way by 9am anyway so just give the location and I will still get in a full day Sat and Sun.

Anyone else?

Turns out my mate is a forum member - tigers88. He should be jumping on the trip soon.

What about we aim for a Sat morning start and and return Sunday or Monday.

Is Kingcab's suggestion of Matlock to Walhalla a good one?

Turns out my mate is a forum member - tigers88. He should be jumping on the trip soon.

What about we aim for a Sat morning start and and return Sunday or Monday.

Is Kingcab's suggestion of Matlock to Walhalla a good one?

Sounds good to me.
Jase has some good ideas for sure - just don't trust him or his plethora of navigation aids :big_smile:

G'day 08,

Anything further on the Queens b'day trip?

Ridgie let me know about the trip the other day and I'm keen to come along.

That pub idea sounds alright too.

Cheers

Hey guys,
just got back from a trip from Baw Baw-Licola, Licola-Wonnangatta, Wonnangatta-Bright,Bright-Omeo, Omeo-Tom Groggin, Tom Groggin-Jindabyne, Jindabyne-home.

Our trip to the Simpson was cancelled due to the outback floods, our next choice was Tassie, but we couldn't get my mates landcruiser back because of a height restriction. So we ended up just doing the alpine region. Got to say I wasn't too disappointed, can never get enough of the high country. Had a pretty good time but here comes the bad news.

I mashed my exhaust almost flat and cracked the muffler, mashed the sump guard beyond repair, dented the sump and bent the cross member, (possibly chassis) I've organised though a mate to have it "racked" out next week. Did the oil seal on the transfer case front tailshaft AGAIN!, only had it replaced a few months ago. UHF radio no longer transmits properly but receives fine, Car computer power supply went up in smoke, so I had no tunes or navigation, My 2 day old mobile phone died.
Couldn't believe I was having so much bad luck, then to add salt to the wounds, on our last night at the Pub, I won twice on a $5 worth raffle ticket, winning 40KG of meat platters, Only to get so pissed that I forgot them and walked/stumbled back to the caravan park without them. So someone is having a cracking mixed grill in Jindabyne this weekend on my behalf!!.

So I'm now in a panic to try and get the chariot fixed before the L weekend!

Farken hell Jase,what did you do?drive off a cliff or something!
All repairable i hope.
Where did the underbody damage happen?

I was coming down Mt Pinnabar Track, just lost concentration for a few seconds went a bit off line got some air over a small hump and landed on some big ass rocks at speed, thought I had ripped out the whole bloody drive line.
Just unlucky.
I was the last truck in the convoy because I was driving too cautiously slowing the other guys down. yet I was the only one to receive any damage.

Damn,bad luck mate.
How long does Omeo to Tom Groggin take?
I'm thinking of doing something like that on Melb cup weekend.

How long does Omeo to Tom Groggin take?

Easy half day drive with some low range action. Great views up at Mt Gibbo. Dogmans hut probably gets popular, but there was some other camp sites. We planned to drive the Davies plain track but they shut the Gate earlier (1st May). Great river crossing across the Murray too!

Easy half day drive with some low range action. Great views up at Mt Gibbo. Dogmans hut probably gets popular, but there was some other camp sites. We planned to drive the Davies plain track but they shut the Gate earlier (1st May). Great river crossing across the Murray too!

Cheers Jase,thanks.What was the Murray depth like?
Would i get away with it without a snorkel?

Cheers Jase,thanks.What was the Murray depth like?
Would i get away with it without a snorkel?

Only up to the sills, nice rocky base so no fear of getting stuck.

If you want some company, I'd jump at the chance to go back up there!

For sure,Melb cup weekend the tracks open so pencil it in.
I may have a snorkel by then,i have to be carefull of the Murray crossing because the snow melt may raise it
I'll start a thread in October for this tour.

Sorry guys for going off topic.

Thought I would get this going again.
08Kingcab
Aido
tigers88
Ridgie

That's 3 super D22's against a street car called D40. (He he he)

08 is the D40 going to be ready to go again?

Is that it? Any others? Should be a great weekend. If you are thinking 'maybe' just give it a go - about the worst thing that can happen is my snoring causes a dead limb to fall.

Seriously.........how are the plans looking? Any further thoughts on a route for the trip.

Will we share the load re cooking gear etc or all just come self sufficient?

tigers88 and I will need to do some planning ahead with regard to where we meet and whether we need to head off Friday night for an early Saturday meet up.

Cheers. :cheers!:

Last edited:
Apologise but I wont make it this weekend.
Some turmoil afoot - Something to do with telling senior management to fornicate themselves three ways to Sunday. :devil:
Have got a bit on this week to ensure I have a wage next week.

Given they are senior management if you give them written instructions (possibly in crayon) they will be busy until Sunday leaving you free to play around till then.

Latest posts

Back