Query Door Rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My drivers door has been doing the same clunck over bumps, but, i was told it was a worn top hinge pin. Being a 6 year old truck i didn't argue but if you guys are having similar problems with new trucks then i'm not so sure. I hope i haven't added any confusion. look forward to hearing your solutions.

My 2006 D22 has the same rattle over relatively minor bumps as previously described in the drivers door, it drives me batty! It does sound like it is coming from the back area of the door. I haven't had the time to investigate it yet but any tips on a DIY fix not already mentioned would be greatly appreciated. Its a shame things aren't as good a quality then they were say 10 years ago.

I found the problem since the dealer couldn't and wouldn't do anything about it. It is an obvious fault so they can't really dispute it.
Will take some pics this afternoon to illustrate. Waiting to hear back from Nissan Australia as to how they are going to rectify it.
For now I'll just say its a problem from the production line.

Any more info on this? Pictures? Mine does the same but its an 05 model.

I just had my doors adjusted under warranty as was having the same clunks over small bumps on sealed roads. The drivers door actually looked like it had dropped by around 10mm and was also letting in a fair bit of wind noise. The service tech said the latch is a little to far forward (towards the door opening) and he belted it back towards the cab with a ball hammer!!!! seems to have worked a treat though as door now lines up and stopped making the obligatory 10 second clunk.

I have been experiencing the same issues, I have a 2010 D22 and have found the problem to be the door rubbers being too thin. The doors line up perfect but that clunky rattle in both drivers and passengers doors drives me nuts. A frend has just bought a 05 d22 and i noticed that his front latches are plastic coated unlike mine. I tried taking one of his off and putting it on mine but it seems the whole assembly has been changed at some point. seeing as there is no adjustment i got the panel beater to belt the latches in a bit. It has fixed the problem but the doors now sit a little under flush from the rear doors, not ideal but i can't deal with rattles.

There is adjustment......
The nuts behind the B pillar look to be captive but they are held in place with paint. Belting the striker with a mallet achieves the same result but it may be in your best interests to undo the countersunk screws and manipulate the striker until it grabs properly.
Theres another thread I done put up a how to around here...I'll find it for ewes.

I took my 2011 to the dealers with the same problem, noticed it 3 weeks ago, got the wife to take it in for repair and apparently the Nissan fix is .... to wrap insulating tape around the latches !!!

Its booked in again for next week when I`m home, and they wont be using insulating tape agian I can guarantee that.

There is adjustment......
The nuts behind the B pillar look to be captive but they are held in place with paint. Belting the striker with a mallet achieves the same result but it may be in your best interests to undo the countersunk screws and manipulate the striker until it grabs properly.
Theres another thread I done put up a how to around here...I'll find it for ewes.

:sheep::sheep::hahaha::lol:

I had the same rattle in my 2010 ST - did not investigate myself - waited till the next service. Good old nissan charged me $30 to "clean and silicon spray the rubbers".

I thought , if it fixes it fair enough - as i left the dealership - same rattle was there when they said the fixed it. Went back and had the $30 refunded no problem.

Had a bit of a look myself when i got home and found the passenger side side step was loose, it has about 20 mm of vertical movement - tightened up - no more noise.

In future i will not tell them what i think the noise is. That way they do not have "blinkers" on....

Nissan fixed my clunking doors. Apparently both front doors were loose and is a common problem with new Navs.

I just noticed this thread... And all this time i thought my nav was the only one doing it. Sometimes when i hit a bump, especially when it's on a corner, the door rattles big time. I took a look at the striker play, as suggested by Aido in another thread, and there isn't much play there. Wonder what my local Nissan dealer would think of it. Might pay them a visit.

Latest posts

Back