Question about aerial installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40boy

Reaction score
Hi guys, only just got my navara about 3 weeks ago. Love it!

Have a question about where is the place to run through wiring in and out of the engine bay into the cab. Had a good look through the engine bay and couldn't see any obvious point. I'm just about to get a UHF and wondering how I'm going to run the wiring.

There is two large grommets, one to the left of your engine bay, has all you engine loom run though it, another on closer to the dump pipe on the right. Use a coat hanger or thin strong wire to make a tiny hole then pull through the cable making it a tight fit. You can get 12v for either one of your cigarette lighters depending it you want it to come on with accessors or on all the time. If you do a search I think there is some photos somewhere.

There is two large grommets, one to the left of your engine bay, has all you engine loom run though it, another on closer to the dump pipe on the right. Use a coat hanger or thin strong wire to make a tiny hole then pull through the cable making it a tight fit. You can get 12v for either one of your cigarette lighters depending it you want it to come on with accessors or on all the time. If you do a search I think there is some photos somewhere.

OK thank you, I'll have a look and see if I can spot them. I might have already seen the main engine wiring loom entry but I was a little weary of trying to squeeze anything else in there and risk cutting or damaging any of the wiring that's already there...

Just hang to the left of the cables and you should be sweet. There's a free one on the right side.

Looking in the engine bay the large wiring loom on the right just to the left of that is a spare small grommet. That's where I went. Comes out in the dash behind glove box. Got to punch a coat hanger through the insulation is all.

Ended up going through the main wiring loom. Took me ages to get the cable to go through but got there in the end. Fog lights are now wired up and working.

Can't get aerial because I don't have anywhere to mount it yet!!!!!!

Those mounts work well mate, there should be a bolt you can use just bend it a tad so the bonnet does not rub. For the price it will get you going until you get a bar, most of the auto stores stock them too.

Latest posts

Back