Radio+ ciggy lighter not working.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amosm92

Reaction score
Hey guys my nav's radio and ciggy lighter arent working whilst the car is running. It all works fine on accessories and ignition but as soon as I start the car it cuts out. Checked all fuses they're all good. I was thinking maybe the ignition barrel or something?? Any ideas? Cheers!

check to see if the key is coming back from the start position properly. sometimes theyll stay just a bit past the normal run position (if you understand what im trying to say)

Yeah I know what you mean but thats not it because it does it as soon as you try to turn the key into start , so I can hold the key as far as it will go before the engine turns over and it will cut out. Let it back a touch into the ignition on position and the radio and ciggy lighter come back up. Weird hey

Yeah I know what you mean but thats not it because it does it as soon as you try to turn the key into start , so I can hold the key as far as it will go before the engine turns over and it will cut out. Let it back a touch into the ignition on position and the radio and ciggy lighter come back up. Weird hey

A lot of them do the same thing with the ignition mate, it's a common fault

Best of luck to you solving it.

I have the same problem and NOT looking at changing my ignition barrel, I just deal with it as it comes.

Geoff

POCOYO'S V6 NAV ⚠️

Dayum well thats ****ed haha ill look into anyways let you guys know how I went

check to see if the key is coming back from the start position properly. sometimes theyll stay just a bit past the normal run position (if you understand what im trying to say)
Nuckin futs!! Ended being just this as you described. Thanks alot bro. Its only the slightest turn back with the key once the car is started but it works now. Have to be careful otherwise you turn the engine off hahaha

Same things happening to me how have use fixed the problem I was thinking that there were to many accessories running of the 1 power supply

@nav.22 I havent fixed it mate, I just keep turning it back a touch to turn the accessories on. I imagine you would need a new ignition barrel? Doesnt bother me enough to spend the money

Latest posts

Back