radio code

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjsestro

Reaction score
Disconnected my battery when fitting new spottys. Radio is now asking for a code. Checked my manuals found no code. Where do I get this code from. Im guessing you contact nissan hopefully they wont charge.

Look for a card like this:

IMAG0064-resized.jpg

You should be able to contact Nissan with the VIN and get the code, but I don't know if they'll charge you for that info. Holden provided it for me for my Commodore for free, so I can't see Nissan doing it differently.

The same thing happened to me several years after I bought the car and I realised they had never given me a number (I had a card for it, just no number on it). I called the dealer and explained the problem, gave them the VIN and they gave me the code in a matter of minutes.
Dean

Rang nissan Redcliffe today they wanted $15 for the code and proof of vehicle purchase. Called into Petrie nissan. The vehicle was on there books they gave the code to me for free.

Lucky its not a Toyota. I replaced the battery in the wife's 04 toyota and it asked for a radio code. I thought no problem, off to toyota with the VINumber but then the bad news. The radio codes are owner generated and since we bought it second hand unless the code is recorded some where it could be any combination of numbers - you only get 10 guesses before it locks you out and you have to part with $60 and an hour of your time while toyota resets the radio.

Once again you just have to laugh at the prices some dealers get away with, obviously someone's paying it though or they'd stop doing it.

Back