Raise gearbox-line up tail shaft angles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicszd30

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone raised their gearbox to help with the pinion angles after a 50mm lift in the rear? Diff is @ 3 degrees now and they say you shouldn't go past 3 degrees so I am going to lift the gearbox from 5 degrees down to 3 degrees down.. Any thoughts ? cheers vic

Yeah rum I was onto that but the "diff man" I asked said you shouldn't go past 3 degrees on the diff pinion angle ! So with that info I was looking at raising the gearbox from 5 degrees upto 3 degrees down ??? Any thought's ? And personally I think it maybe easier to lift the box instead of rolling the diff..

what are you trying to fix? is there a vibration in the driveline?
i have 3" lift in mine with no issues at all.

what are you trying to fix? is there a vibration in the driveline?
i have 3" lift in mine with no issues at all.

It's a slight shudder "from take off " through to "midway 2nd" ! You would almost think it has a slight diff shudder.

Well lucky you ;)
How is your centre bearing angle looking like though- would you mind posting a pic' for me please?
I'm thinking it could be this issue with mine! I'll show some pic's of mine- Unloaded.. It's not good!

I think I may have it sussed now... hopefully!

Howdy all.... Ok what I can gather from reading and asking is that that the angles of the gearbag and the diff pinion are ok.
The box is at 4.5 to 5degrees down and the diff pinion is at 3degrees up. From what I have read this is ok as the diff will lift under load and "on the gas". So that's all good.

The thing is -I am now thinking it's the centre bearing angle and it's positioning is where the problem is coming from.
Today I pact it with a section of garden hose and that fixed it for the short time it stayed in there. So the issue now is repositioning the centre bearing or place a spacer between the tail shaft and pinion plate and in doing so, it may push the centre of the centre load bearing back far enough that it is sitting more inside the bearings rubber housing..
I will ask "the rod/drag man" tomorrow if he can make me one up if it is safe to do so! Other than that I may have to reposition the centre load bearing ...urrrrr

Here's some pic's!

Attachments

• 20150603_154324.jpg
    20150603_154324.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 20150603_154331.jpg
    20150603_154331.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 20150603_154656.jpg
    20150603_154656.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 124

Latest posts