Rancho rs9000xl Shocks?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatesy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if any one has the rancho RS9000xl adjustable shocks? Are they any good? I was thinking of getting them for front and back of my str. I have a 2" lift, just looking for better quality shocks. Adjustable seems like it could be a good option.

theres a few thread, check the search tab.
i run them, great shock, easy to balance with the difference in weight of the vehicle from front to rear.

I have them as we and they are great, only down fall with mine is that the adjusters on the rear shocks have gotten very tight to the point where you can barely adjust them

yip i have had them for 6 months found them great had efs previously and found them to hard. Also got the wireless controller works well.

I have them in the rear of mine. Good solid shock, mine have got endless dints etc in them and still perf8rm faultlessly. Will be installing front after the arms go in. Might even just put calmini shock in the front.

I have them as we and they are great, only down fall with mine is that the adjusters on the rear shocks have gotten very tight to the point where you can barely adjust them

Hay sunny coaster.
You can remove the adjuster knob and put some light machine oil into the piston on the shock, then use something to push it in and out to free it up then just replace the knob. Make sure they are on setting 1 before you undo the bolts holding the knobs on. Years ago when I bought a set of the old RS5000 for my GQ the guy at 4wd1 did this when I picked them up. Just got a set for my D22 and they didn't do it this time and was only thinking that I should to stop the problem you are having from happening to mine. The shocks they oiled I had in for eight years and never missed a beat. I am fitting the air adjust kit (the old school one) to mine so I will oil mine up then. See if that helps.

Cheers

I have them in the rear of mine. Good solid shock, mine have got endless dints etc in them and still perf8rm faultlessly. Will be installing front after the arms go in. Might even just put calmini shock in the front.

G'day Rus- any reason for picking the cal shocks over the ranchos?

Cheers

Back