Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats it do exactly ?

I realise its a press.

However dont really need something that big Matt.

Dave.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its basically a big bulky bloody thing that just goes up and down. It has a knife blade top die and a V bottom die , so it folds up our sheet metal. Was just being a bit tempremental this morning but now it seems to be totally cactus. I am just praying I can make it usable somehow, I have got jobs galore lined up for it.

I have had a hydraulics guy out all day today trying to fix it and he left completely stumped with no answers whatsoever. Because it is an old one and has been mucked around with over the years we have no hydraulics diagram, no electronics diagrams for the controller, so its a bloody mess.

Ah cheers.

Makes sense now.

Trying to think were I seen one the same.

Will think about it and put you onto them for help if you want.

Dave.

Is it a hydraulic or electrical problem? Does the pump start up for it?

Yeah mate the pump runs fine, it goes up and down, but has no consistency about where it stops, it over shoots it's bend point, the 2 cylinders are working at different speeds. It's a mess. Personally I think it is a hydraulic problem, and probably something as simple as an adjustment somewhere. I have just got to find where.

Friday arvo miranda
miranda-kirr-light-purple-panties.jpg

Yeah mate the pump runs fine, it goes up and down, but has no consistency about where it stops, it over shoots it's bend point, the 2 cylinders are working at different speeds. It's a mess. Personally I think it is a hydraulic problem, and probably something as simple as an adjustment somewhere. I have just got to find where.

Need to get yourself a Amada, best break press I've ever used, but very pricey even secondhand.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its basically a big bulky bloody thing that just goes up and down. It has a knife blade top die and a V bottom die , so it folds up our sheet metal. Was just being a bit tempremental this morning but now it seems to be totally cactus. I am just praying I can make it usable somehow, I have got jobs galore lined up for it.

I have had a hydraulics guy out all day today trying to fix it and he left completely stumped with no answers whatsoever. Because it is an old one and has been mucked around with over the years we have no hydraulics diagram, no electronics diagrams for the controller, so its a bloody mess.

Matt

I used to make these things over here in WA some years back. There's not much too them and the problem will more than likely be somewhere in the PLC or a hyd valve.

That's my 2 cents worth for free. From now on i charge Pilbara prices.

Ha ha, thanks merchant, it can only be something like that I'm sure. There are lots of other little issues with it aswell but I just want to get it working again for now. Fingers crossed.

From memory Merchant is a officer, wasn't there someone in Brisbane you had to arrest.

Fix it for the man. Lol.

Dave.

Some pics, dont you mod your ute ?

You could even post the pics of a D22 pulling the D40 off the grass.

Dave.

I added a lid to the back, put in a rubber mat, a dual battery and a cb and that's about the extent of what I've done and what I plan to do. I might one day get a new head unit but until the price is right that wont happen.

I've already written up the canopy install, and a few other small things there is bugger all else to talk about unless I want to start coming up with stories about how I don't believe in things like oil in diesel, hydrogen in tyres and how batteries charge and that sort of stuff.

As for photos I didn't even take a photo of the Kubota pulling out my ute so I wont have any of D40's proving their superiority :eviltongue:

That's the biggest problem I don't know which one yet. I was going to go down the path of Biscuits car PC idea but I've since decided that even though the cost would be less it's got a lot more potential that I will ever use so I was looking for a decent head unit that has a hard drive and is fully programmable with maps of my choice then I can get rid of the GPS and the iPod's (although I'm getting quite a collection of iPod's now so I could nearly afford to have one ipod per genre of music I listen too), my problem is I haven't found one that suits all my needs, wants and requirements yet.

Latest posts

Back