Rear cab grommets and wet carpet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza

Reaction score
Hi all,

When I was chasing some wiring from the ute body to inside the cab at the rear, I noticed that on the passenger side near the rear vent, there is a hole about 5 cent in size.

There is one on the driver size too. Im guessing that there are meant to be grommets in these holes and they have just fallen out? Also, will the vent allow water to get in?

Seems as though my rear passenger side carpet is slightly damp, although I had the high pressure hose at the carwash underneath it last week, so Im guessing the water has entered via those two holes or the vents?

not sure about the d40 but the d22 has the same thing,
i was very worried about the vent in the back so i just pulled it off and ducted taped the back of the vent (i put a shit load of tape) then just screwed it back up... never had a problem since...

plus i got a tray with not mud gaurds so everything gets shot into it....

The vents should be fine as they are angled, I think I was just a bit careless when I had the pressure sprayer under the car going nuts with it, and didnt event realise there was a vent there.

However, the two other holes on either side, I'll be getting some grommets for them.

Latest posts

Back