Rear diff breather location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradm84

Reaction score
I was giving the Navara a bit of a service today and was investigating what I would have to do to extend the diff breather on the rear diff.

I read on here somewhere that the rear one just goes up under the tub somewhere. I didn't see anything that I thought was a breather tube going anywhere. I only found a connection point on the axel that is capped off.

Is this the point where I could be attaching a breather tube to?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415440013738.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415440013738.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 165
Sorry photo rotated for some reason. Not sure how to attach it the right way around but you get the idea...

Thanks bods. I just found a thread that shows a bunch of people with no rear diff breather tube as well. Looks like I'll be running a tube through the chassis into the engine bay soon.
Strange that they didn't do this from the factory seeing as they did a good job putting good breathers on the front diff, transfer case and gearbox...

What year is yours? Mine's a 2010 and I'm pretty sure it has the tube going to the chassis cross member. ...

Yes it does evidently....

Here's a pic

Probably nissan cheaping out again not fitting them...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415441812978.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415441812978.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 178
Mines a 2009. Maybe they started fitting them when they changed to the longer tub models like yours...

Mines a 2009. Maybe they started fitting them when they changed to the longer tub models like yours...
As far as I am aware the changeover was late 09, so maybe you just missed out... oh well, you won't have any trouble fitting a tube to extend it to the engine bay

Latest posts

Back