Rear Diff breather

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71DJP

Reaction score
Hi All

Got a question to see if anybody else has experianced this? I removed the rear diff breather from my D40 the other day to get the thread size so that I could fit an extended breather kit. Anyway when I removed the breather a puff of under preasure air released? I tried to blow through the diff breather and nothing came out? So in my books the diff breather has been blocked and is not working at all! Has anybody else experianced this?

I haven't bothered touching mine, but it's on my to-do list. That, plus the front diff and the gearbox as well.

At the moment, we don't do enough river crossings. We've waded through enough water to get the 'Nissan' logo in the wheel wet, and I've had lots of muck splashed up underneath, but we haven't given it a good dunking.

What I'd prefer to do with mine, of course, is (on a cool day with a cool diff) add an air bladder to the end of the hose. Nothing goes in or out, if it gets even colder it will allow the shrinkage, if it gets really hot the bladder expands. No fear of water ingress, or blockages by mud splatters, moths, spiders or trained orangutans.

Latest posts

Back