Rear Diff Nut TOO Tight

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
Guys, just had the 10k service done and the mechanic said he couldn,t undo the rear diff oil fill nut cause it was too toght. he said it will be ok until the 15k service and will attack it then. what i would like to know is ; would this be covered by waranty if the job ended up bigger than just undoing a nut? also how would you do this job ? eg; heat / hammer etc etc ?? thanks.

Guys, just had the 10k service done and the mechanic said he couldn,t undo the rear diff oil fill nut cause it was too toght. he said it will be ok until the 15k service and will attack it then. what i would like to know is ; would this be covered by waranty if the job ended up bigger than just undoing a nut? also how would you do this job ? eg; heat / hammer etc etc ?? thanks.
The "nut" is the mechanic. Take the car for a good run and get the diff warm, use a small extension on the socket and give a few good taps with a hammer. The rest should be easy, use an extension bar if you need more leverage.

At least he didn't dump the old oil before deciding to try and undo the filler plug....

as mentioned, the mechanic said he will do this job at the next 15k service , all is fine until then. i hope there is oil in the diff.

I'm with happy john. Take it for a run and try it and maybe if that doesn't work, take it for another run, and buy some freeze spray, and try that!

When I first got my D22 I did the rear diff oil and it was farking tight. Like it was the hardest nuts I have had to undo haha

Back