Rear diff went

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake vl

Reaction score
Evening all, I have just blown my rear diff up on my zd30t
Apon pulling apart I have discovered a few issues with gears missing teeth. Was woundering if there are any diagrams out there to give me a hand. Also I have arb lockers in it to make things a bit harder again. Cheers

You might be better off getting a complete diff from a wreckers and change over the air locker, diffs arnt really hard to do just time consuming and tedious. Google the crap out of it and see what comes up but I'm pretty sure the diff itself would be pretty similar to a dana 30 or 44 so you would need to make a diff spreader and have a dial indicator, a normal torque wrench and one that measures bearing preload so that in itself is pretty costly if you don't already have them tools

Thanks tweak'e I do have most the tool I use them on heaven marine deisel g/box's. I have thrown in the towel because I can't be assed with it. Appreciate the info. Although I did find somthing interesting. The last person to go near my diff had failed to lock tight or torque properly and the nut in the pinion shaft to the tailshaft flange was no longer on.
Thanks again fellas appreciate

can help

got one rear diff i was going to scrap but now the 4wd club is have a swap meet on april the 6th,im in sheppaton and the diff is in good con if not sold at meet going to the scap bin so

hi there

its a 4,3 and about $175 not really sure what its worth ,it did 200 000km and only removed because of change to a patrol type diff,brakes have been removed i still have the tail shaft out there too that goes with it

Last edited:
Have you had the inspection hatch off?? I just need the crown wall and pinion. Give me a text with you details mate and I might come have a sticky. 0402676226

Latest posts

Back