Rear door seals noisy at speed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daza

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone with 09-10 D40's have had any trouble with their door seals making a lot of noise at highway speeds.

My left rear door leaks air at 100kmh and higher. I had it checked out last service, they said they have reset the striker on the door and refitted the seal but still making noise.

anyone had anything similar??

Might be worth checking the small window in the rear door it's been known to be an issue.

Yes - 2010 STX very noisy - particularly on left sde at 100km/h - took it back 3 times over the last 6 mths, was just about to give up, but this time fixed - no noise at all! Both rear quarter-lites were removed and sealed first visit and no difference, - I was sure noise was coming in between body and door rubbers. Still dont know what the dealer did to fix -will ask next service.
Cheers

Mine is a 2011 STX and has the exact same problem with the left rear window above 100kpm. I have mine booked in for warranty repair next Thursday so hope it will get sorted then.

My STX is brand new, 5 days old and the exact same problem over 100! Left side only. What a timely thread. The small window seems to be loose in the frame. Stuff waiting, I'm pulling it out and sealing it myself.

Same theory I had tryharder, mine moves if I push it but I've never noticed any noise whilst driving, but then most people say it only happens at speeds of 100kph + and mine doesn't go over 45.

My 2008 D40 did it and so does the 550. I asked the dealer a few weeks ago to report it to Nissan as there were heaps of guys complaining about the same thing.

Doug

I also have a 2011 STX with only 180km on it .As soon as I drove on the freeway I noticed this same noise. On inspection in the shed I found with the left rear seat back flipped down there is a cab vent with thin rubber on the out side that is poorly seated. I went for a drive with the seat down and my noise is definitely coming from this vent the faster I go I can see the seal lift up.With the seat up it sounds like my window is leaking.

Had this with my 09 Nav, tried the reseal caper to no avail, the dealer ended up screwin the doors in tighter when closed. Fixed it immediately.....takes a good slam to shut em now, could even back them off a bit i guess but no wind noise, so im not touchin them:rock:

yep, many D40's have had this, my dealer knows it well. Was talking to them about it the other day, apparently there is a new seal kit for them.

Mitch

A new seal kit? My car is five days old so you would hope it has the latest........ I guess not.

Don't feel bad tryharder it just means your dealer is yet to get the memo titled "silcone sealer"

Does anyone know how to replace that small window on the back doors?
Some farker broke into my ute last night through that window so i have ordered a replacement from the wreckers.

Back