Rear LSD diff in a d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe.. For the chatter have you tried some Sturocco Additive - or an LSD Oil that has a % of the addtive already in it?

The Holden LSD diffs chatter without the additive, and with it are a much nicer and quieter "beast"..

This is from the Redline oil Additive "Limited slip or posi-traction units will often chatter without use of this product or a gear oil with a similar modifier, so add only enough to eliminate the chatter and avoid making the plates or clutches too slippery."

I use the Redline oil in my other car, great stuff and no chatter (with some additive).

I haven't used the Redline product but both centres were installed with the correct oil and the Ford LSD additive. I was the one that installed them so fortunately know what oil was used. Different shops rebuilt the centres however. The shop that rebuilt the chattery centre said he didn't make it too tight because it was going into an auto. I should be thankfull!

I don't drive it much so it is really not something I worry about. The clutches will likely last forever given the distance it travels.

a front locker and a shimmed up rear lsd would be the far way to go, because when you dont want to use the rear locker if you had one you would have 2 open diffs, where as a front locker would be like standard untill you really needed it

Latest posts

Back