Rear wheel / half shaft bearing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pressed off the abs gear, using a bearing seperator. Then removed the circlip.
Then Pressed off spacer,
I got a screwdriver and destroyed the bearing housing so all rolllers fell out which gave me a lip for seperator.
Then pressed that off.
Thats it.
Seal and backing plate pulls off by hand.
Cleaned backing plate, replaced seal and worked backwards. Only re-used abs gear.
Kit comes with bearing, spacer, seals and a circlip. I used orig circlip, coz the one in the kit was smaller.
Note. Its easier to press back on than remove. I had shit flying everwhere when the force let go on bearings and spacers.

The hardest part was spacing out the press to fit axle. I used 3 to 5mm tubing I had in shed.

Last edited:
Not sure if this relates to you guys, I was just surfing the Product Safety Recalls website looking at navara stuff (I have a D22) and I saw there was a recall on D40s with a problem with the rear axle shaft. Not sure if it relates to everyone's problems in this thread but I just remembered reading some of this thread and thought I would post up a link.

https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/953803

Ok thanks myoldhk for the pressing advice. Ill give it a go when I get a bearing separator and some time...
That recall was in 2006. mines a 2007 so I think it was just the earlier models. mine has done 150k so its just waring out...

Latest posts

Back