Rebuild perhaps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday Gents. Got a doozy for yas. Firstly i had the engine overheat. Couldnt work out why. It was taking only a little water. Sent it to the mechanic. water pump completely rooted. So he changed the whole thing. It was ok for a day or two but was blowing a lot of smoke. Not sure what was happening, kept check oils, coolant that seemed fine, until one day she just would not start, she kept making the grrrtttt noise. (Hope you love my go at sound effects) I thought something was going to fly out the engine bay. I rang my mechanic and he said take the radiator cap off slowly ( release pressure ) i did this and it started first go like a dream. I took it round the block a few times like 10 mins worth to get the engine to temp to see how she goes. That was fine. I let it cool down and about 3 hours later wanted to go out. Same problem no start and a real bad noise. I rang my mechanic and he seems to think i have a cracked head or there is some kind of problem with the head. So what do you guys think???

Just for a bit of a background i am good with tools when it comes to most things, but cars not my strong point. I am pretty much broke and need a vehicle so i let my mrs talk me into selling the nav after it was repaired and she bought me a van to get my work done. i have to pay her back with the money off the nav sale and i dont want to give another driver my headache so i want to fix before sale.

When diesels overheat they normally warp the head so it might just need to be removed and be machined straight, and then put back on. They do crack thou so would have to be checked for that as well. Getting the timing correct would be the hardest part of putting it back together.

Which motor? Zd30 heads normally crack if they get too hot.

Back