Rebuilding YD25 Engine

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate. Sorry to hear of your trouble. If it comes to you needing a new engine. Give Paul at YD25.com .au a call. And also check out the website. He is now offering fully rebuilt short engines. So block heads all internals and you use your fuel system, alternator, manifolds etc. the new short engines have all the problems fixed and are fitted with a double row timing chain and have a lot of work done on things like oil feeds to the crank etc. he has a good write up on his site about them. That could be a cheaper option and you will get a better engine not just another potential problem one. I think he may even do some work on the ports to.
Cheers. Brad.

was down talking to paul yesterday, they also have the upgraded oil pump plus other stuff done to them. the price is $8800. considering wreckers want around $7500 for a stock 2nd hand motor that price is pretty good in comparison

Cool. I will have to give him a call. I'm not real happy about pulling it all apart again. Since the time it when's in it has been aperture three times for upgrades. Good that he keeps us up to date with the developments though. At least it's only the top cover this time.

timing chain

Would suggest you get the double timing chain mod for the YD25 engine as supplied by billcar

Just to keep you guys updated, it cost me almost $3000 to get my vehicle transported from where I live (in the outback QLD), to the nearest Nissan Dealer and they put in my Goodwill(Luck) Warranty Claim for a new engine on Friday, fingers cross it gets approved. The Nissan Mechanic said in the terms of damage caused by the timing chain snapping, he has never seen that amount of damage caused and would require a new engine. The guys so far at the dealership(Gladstone QLD) have been really helpful, however at the end of the day the don't make the decisions on Goodwill Warranties. I will keep you all updated.
Hey mate, Did you buy the car new at all? i know its now been a few years but i purchased a 07 nav in jan this year and just had the chain snap on me, the book says that all maintenance has been completed on the car and i have also had it serviced in the 6000ks i have driven it, no warning just went at 80kmph, wondering if is should try my luck with nissan at all. any tips if you can remember? given the amount of time that has passed i highly doubt i would have luck haha just read the dates this post was put up :D

Latest posts

Back