Recall R1106 Alloy Road Wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete22

Reaction score
Got the recall notice to replace my alloy wheels this week....now just have to find the time to get it into the dealer to get the changeover done.

^ what he said but I'd like to add a number 4.

4. If your ute doesn't fall in the specifics of the gov recall site, you are the original owner and you haven't been notified don't worry Nissan will notify you when they expect you to bring your vehicle in. No notification no need to worry.

Owners who bought second hand check with either Nissan or the recalls site because you probably wont get a letter unless Nissan know you own the vehicle, they can't notify people they don't know as the owner.

Note: this goes for all recalls, not just the wheels, in fact the gov website lists recalls for all consumer items and unless you regularly read newspapers it's worth periodically checking such a website in case crap you buy is recalled.

A word of warning

For those of you who have gotten a recall and had your rims changed over, particularly in the Newcastle NSW area, give them a good once over.

The dealer did not clean the wheels properly before sticking the balance weights on.

Found one on the garage floor and when I went to another retailer to get them checked only 1 wheel had a weight left on it.................. and it came off with the flick of a finger nail.

Sent the bill for the re-balance to the dealer...........waiting for the check!

Mine replaced a week ago and like pedro123,wife found the wheel weight on the floor in the garage, taking to have balanced again at local tyre joint.
Sounds like Nissan got there weights at the same place as the faulty rims.

Harry 1960

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back