Recomendations on Double Din GPS/DVD/CD/Rev Cam

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrwinta

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have spent the day trawling the internet and forums trying to find out what is the best in dash Double DIN DVD/TV/CD/GPS/Rev Cam unit for the 2011 ST-X Navara. So far I have only realy seen comments on the cheaper units from Ebay and mainly negative ones. I don't want to spend a fortune but I am prepared to pay for a good one if anyone has any recommendations for a unit in the $1000 region.
The intention of the install was origionaly so the wife could have a reversing cam for parking and it seems to have grown from there. We intend to do an Oz tour in a year or 2 so I would like to run the Oz Explorer maps so the Kenwood with the Garmin maps seem to be favorite so far...
All input is very welcomed....
Cheers - Winta....

In my dash I have a Pioneer F910BT - about $3K when installed, might be less now.

If it breaks, I'll be looking for something that can run Android. I want digital AM radio, DVD, aux video input AND output. I want it to have BT phone, BT audio and WiFi networking, so I can connect through my phone and get updates to apps. I want it to use external storage of up to a terabyte for music.

I can get ALL of that already except for the digital AM radio.

The AVIF910BT unit is a good one, you will get it for less than $2k installed now. Has everything you want.

Only comment I can add is that if navigation is a must DON'T be tempted to buy one without it and add it later - its usually almost the entire cost of the unit in the first place again to do it this way. Better to buy what you want first time.

I am looking at the Kenwood DDX6031BT for my D40, it has everything mentioned except apps (which i wouldnt use) and navigation (wouldn't use either).

Philips also make some very good entry level units that will have what you want, reasonably priced too.

I've just installed a Dig-options unit in my 2012 ST-X, pretty happy with it.
Find them on eBay $500.
Still wrestling with routing the reversing camera cable into the dash. I've read the posts on cable routing but this beast is not making it easy.
I've taken a break & having a beer to plan the next approach.

I've just installed a Dig-options unit in my 2012 ST-X, pretty happy with it.
Find them on eBay $500.
Still wrestling with routing the reversing camera cable into the dash. I've read the posts on cable routing but this beast is not making it easy.
I've taken a break & having a beer to plan the next approach.

I run the cable through the chassis then up through a existing gromet under the passenger side floor under the carpet .

Thanks for the replies fellas....

I had a look at all the ones you guys have mentioned and I am strongly leaning towards the DIG Options unit... there seems to be a massive jump in price from the 450 that it costs to others like the $1600 Eclipse or the upper end $2500 Alpine and even with the top end stuff there is just as many complaints to go with them. I have to admit the amount of time I have spent reading reviews has been mostly about the DIG unit and the thing that impressed me most was the customer service.... that alone has made me look more towards their product... So I think I will grab one of those and @ 500ish bucks that seems like incredible value... only hope it lasts as long as the more expensive units

Again thanks for the replies...

Thanks for the replies fellas....

I had a look at all the ones you guys have mentioned and I am strongly leaning towards the DIG Options unit... there seems to be a massive jump in price from the 450 that it costs to others like the $1600 Eclipse or the upper end $2500 Alpine and even with the top end stuff there is just as many complaints to go with them. I have to admit the amount of time I have spent reading reviews has been mostly about the DIG unit and the thing that impressed me most was the customer service.... that alone has made me look more towards their product... So I think I will grab one of those and @ 500ish bucks that seems like incredible value... only hope it lasts as long as the more expensive units

Again thanks for the replies...

I must say, "I" had issues with the installation, all my own doing. a few emails, maybe many, to Dig for direction, all got a reply. The unit is now installed & working the way it should. I'm a happy customer
Cheers
greg

I read a few posts on here and found a few people installing the DIG option. Can someone send me the link or website of where i can have a look at these.
Do they have all the bells such as DVD, GPS, USB and so on?

Latest posts

Back