Recovery points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bolt it up nice and tight and here is the completed recovery point

picture.php

Also picked up the rear recovery hitch

picture.php

I do wonder how much the standard tow pin can take, that heavy solid steel recovery hitch would make a nasty missile should the pin let go!!

Great pics Dungee, thanks.
Is the recovery hitch solid steel or allum billet? The couple that i had picked up to look over at the 4x4 show seemed to not be heavy enough to be solid steel...

My new Jap built 2012 Navara has this brace in the chassis that gets in the way of the recovery point - arrow in the pick points to it.

picture.php

Rather than grind the chassis off I ground a notch in the recovery point, the left one needed more grinding. Theres plenty of metal there and I don't think it will weaken the recovery point enough to worry about.

picture.php

Thanks for all that!

I do wonder how much the standard tow pin can take, that heavy solid steel recovery hitch would make a nasty missile should the pin let go!!

i'm told they are not to bad, tho they tend to bend rather than break. what you might find is the hitch doesn't pull dead straight but at an angle and binds against the sides. so the sides take some of the loading.

My new Jap built 2012 Navara has this brace in the chassis that gets in the way of the recovery point - arrow in the pick points to it.

picture.php

Rather than grind the chassis off I ground a notch in the recovery point, the left one needed more grinding. Theres plenty of metal there and I don't think it will weaken the recovery point enough to worry about.

picture.php

Hi Guys,

Brendan from FNB 4WD Supplies here.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as we wouldn't have known until we went to fit our next set here in our workshop. We'll be implementing a change in our next batch as a result, and will have them pre-notched to suit the 2012+ Japanese D22's.

If anyone has any questions, comments or feedback, please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

Brendan
FNB 4WD Supplies

Hi Dungee,

I just got around to fitting mine. I had to take a fair bit out of mine. Have you snatched with them yet? I'm worried about strength.

Brendan, I seem to have had to take a fair bit more off than Dungee. I wonder if the location of the new piece on the chassis varies from vehicle to vehicle.

Last edited:
I looked at the thickness of those suckers and reckon you could cut them in half and they would still be twice as strong as the nuts in the chassis, remember to use an equaliser strap with some common sense and I'm sure it'll be OK.

Latest posts

Back