Redarc v Enerdrive??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakes45

Reaction score
I know Redarc is a good product! But Enerdrive say they have a better battery isolator, It is simple & faster to install ,100% water proof.(marine)..Where the Redarc is alot harder to install, And not water tight..Price about the same. Any help would be appreciated..:cheers!:

How is the enerdrive easier to install, all isolators should be pretty much the same job no matter what the brand name.

It doesn't look "easier" to install, still mounted the same way, but it appear to be a smaller form factor than the redarc units, thus making it more suitable perhaps to some environments.

I smell a sales rep

Maybe it's easier to install when you've done 100 of them and none from any other brand, but even then I'd suggest the install time of a different item wouldn't increase that much over one of the Enerdrive ones because there is almost nothing to installing such items. But I'm quite interested in hearing a good reason for the statement.

Maybe it's easier to install when you've done 100 of them and none from any other brand, but even then I'd suggest the install time of a different item wouldn't increase that much over one of the Enerdrive ones because there is almost nothing to installing such items. But I'm quite interested in hearing a good reason for the statement.

They say the Redarc should be installed by a auto electrician,And the Enerdrive can be installed by the average handy man,I would'nt know never installed any of them.Thus why iam asking.And only looking for a good product..

bakes45 said:
They say the Redarc should be installed by a auto electrician,And the Enerdrive can be installed by the average handy man,I would'nt know never installed any of them.Thus why iam asking.And only looking for a good product..

Big load of bull. Either one does the exact same job, and needs to be installed in the exact same way. Enerdrive is gonna be in some serious s**t when some home handymans car burns down because he installed it himself.

They say tap washers and electrical outlets in your home should only be fitted by qualified tradesmen too but it's not like either are overly difficult to do.

Ok I just looked at the website and that Enerdrive being any easier to install than other brands is pure sales pitch.

Look at the number of components very few isolators come with more components.

The idea of cutting factory wiring and not breaking warranty is sales pitch too, I don't remember any reason to cut into factory wiring with any of the systems I've used, earth goes to earth, positive from the main and positive to the aux.

Also a 26 step users guide is not something I would consider the easy option given how simple these things are to install.

At the end of the day whether you choose redarc, Enerdrive, projecta or any other brand name they are all equally easy to install and do pretty much the same job the biggest variance is in the price.

They say electrical outlets in your home should only be fitted by qualified tradesmen too but it's not like either are overly difficult to do.

sorry mate, I'll have to disagree and cannot recommend unqualified persons to play electrician and install electrical equipment,
especially that it needs to be certified by law, and thats not just so sparkies get work, it downright dangerous.

The point was it was easy to do, not that one should do it unqualified, just like isolators do not need to be installed by "qualified" technicians.

The point was it was easy to do, not that one should do it unqualified,

yes true that is, the isol install,

pretty much the same as changing a battery imo
and yes anyone can do the isol install,,,well almost anyone.

I think I remember reading there is a law stating home owners should not change their own tap washers but 1000's still do. As far as I am aware there is no law stating isolators need to be installed by qualified techs so any company using such statements against other brands to try and convince nufti's that their product is better should be reamed out.

i have a surepower on the d40 and redarc on the santa,both have the same amount of wires to and from and both do the same thing,cut in and charge to the same voltage.

Hmm, so perhaps the main difference between the products are a matter of business ethics. :eviltongue:

rmmm Both products are plugged to the max, I can see installing time would be the same,Redarc use a silicon spray to water proof the contacts,Enerdrives box is water proof,Both isolators do the samething, Thanks d22dave good reply...
:confused:

Given the number of high locations to install these units and the fact that no other unit I have ever used has suffered from water damage when installed in the engine bay and near the battery I'd have to question the validity of using water proof as a selling point.

If you constantly want water over the bonnet then you install anything like this no matter how water proof in the tub, better safe than sorry, if you just drive through low level water and are worried about splashing up from underneath I wouldn't be too worried, pretty much all the units are sealed enough for that and at worst the only things open are the terminals just like they are on most batteries.

Next thing someone will be marketing these things are shock proof for those who truly want to get off the beaten track and not be let down by those inferior brands that only offer waterproofing.

Thanks Krafty, looks like Redarc is the go. + The patrol boys highly recommend Redarc as well..Redarc is sth aussie,me being sth aussie say no more..:big_smile:

Latest posts

Back